November 4, 2015

"Share Handmade Kindness" with Jennifer McGuire ~ Week 1

A MESSAGE FROM JENNIFER MCGUIRE ABOUT THIS CHALLENGE

I think every one of us can agree that we love to create — cards, scrapbook pages, treats, and more. Making things by hand makes us happy. And when we share these creations with others, we also share that happiness. There’s nothing better! It’s a simple act of kindness that can brighten someone’s day and leave a lasting impression… and our world needs more kindness.
So, wouldn’t it be fun to encourage each other to turn the joy of creating into the kindness of giving? I hope you will join me here during the month of November for a “Share Handmade Kindness Challenge.” Each week throughout the month, we’ll challenge each other to share an act of handmade kindness with someone. Any act of kindness made with the hands from the heart counts! We’ll support each other in sharing these acts of handmade kindness with friends and family, children facing challenges, those who work in our communities (nurses, teachers, etc.), and complete strangers who may need a smile.
Oh, and by the way, throughout the month, I will be encouraging everyone to consider supporting The Kind Campaign, an awesome organization that is working to end bullying. I will be making donations, too!
To participate, stop by any time during the month of November. I will offer simple challenges and make it easy to be involved. You are welcome to spread the word with the hashtag #sharehandmadekindness. I hope you’ll join me in turning our joy of creating into the kindness of giving!

Week 1 (November 2 – 8) will focus on sharing any kind of handmade kindness with friends and family. This is often the easiest kindness to share, so it is a good place to start. 

Lawn Fawn's "Wish you were here" stamp set was perfect for this week's challenge. Although I call my mother twice a day, I wanted to send a reminder of how much she means to me. I kept it pretty simple so all of the focus is on the sentiment. I made an extra one for my husband to send to his mother too. 

I hope you will join in and be a part of the #sharehandmadekindness challenges. A big THANK YOU to Jennifer McGuire for this brilliant idea to get us crafters motivated! If you have never been to her website or blog, you really must pay her a visit. She is so talented and has tons of tutorials to share!

 Click on the image below for more information about the Kind Campaign
https://www.kindcampaign.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...