Operation Write Home Finishing Strong Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Operation Write Home Finishing Strong Blog Hop! With the help of volunteer card makers around the country, OWH has sent over THREE MILLION cards to our deployed Heroes to write home to their loved ones!!!
Operation Write Home, a charity that has supported heroes with handmade cards since 2007, will be closing later this year. August 1st is the absolute last day that OWH will accept cards so if you've been working on a box, do not hesitate to get it in the mail! 

I want to give a big shout out to Sandy Allnock, founder & Executive Director of OWH. 
She saw a need and made it happen. I can only imagine how many countless hours she has put into this project. Not only has she mailed 3 million cards, she has taught me how to be a better card maker. By posting card shares, tutorials, challenges and fresh ideas I have learned so much about creativity and card design. I will continue to be inspired through her personal blog. If you haven't been there you must check it out. She is the Queen of Copic Markers and has some amazing things to share so bookmark it and check it out after the hop! Thank you Sandy....for helping us grow creatively, for helping us create millions of smiles around the world but most of all for the sacrifices you have made personally to bring this to fruition. You will always Rock in my book ((hugs))

The theme for this hop is red, white and blue. I am keeping this as short as possible because I know you have a lot of hoppin' to do so if you are interested in any of the products I used, ask me in the comments and I will get back to you.




Click on the Finishing Strong banner at the top of this post to return to the lineup. Thanks so much for stopping by today. In appreciation of your time, I have BLOG CANDY!
Simply leave a comment below and check back here on Thursday May 28th. I will post the winner right here on this post. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Thank you thank you thank you for all of the sweet comments. So glad you could join us for this hop. Congratulations Kristie ~ you are the winner of my blog candy!
Please email your mailing address to msmith38652@gmail.com.


Comments

  1. I really love your card designs! Thanks for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous group of cards...adore the sweet bird! And you are correct- Sandy's sharing of her talent made a whole lot of better card makers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that you made four cards for the hop! My favorite is the "totally rock" one! Love the cute guitar! Hope you have a great day and nice tribute to Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely group of cards! My favorite is the "hero" sparkler card with all the red, white, and blue layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards Michele! I love that guitar and the stitching dies you used!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, my favorite is the "You Rock". Also the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All terrific cards but my favorite is the big, bold stars and stripes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. Thank you for sharing.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards. Red, white, and blue are so perfect together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! They are ALL fabulous. Can't believe they are closing...maybe someone else will pick up where she left off. So many soldiers still enlisted who will miss getting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all. My favorite is the HERO card. I think that is a Melonheadz image but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michele! FANTASTIC cards--oh how I love your red, white & blue guitar! Wonderful tribute to our fearless leader, Sandy! She has demonstrated what just one person can accomplish if they set their mind to it! Let's all stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards but love the super hero bird. That is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know which card I like the best but the guitar one is calling out at me, awesome job on all of them. Thank you for supporting OWH. Great cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful group of cards...I esp love the You Rock...that guitar is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely group of cards andall so different!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such Amazing cards!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome collection of cards - I love the punch that the star card has! Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great collection of cards! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great collection of cards! Love the second card with the die cut star and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All four cards are AWESOME! My favorite is the one with the American Flag guitar! Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all just super fabulous! The American Flag Guitar is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are absolutely wonderful. Thanks for your support of our military.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous set of cards! Think the design of the second one makes it my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards, favorite is the one with the American Flag guitar! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful cards...love the your super bird image and the graphic nature of the Thank you card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cards "Totally Rock!" Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. "You Totally Rock!"ed your cards! Especially loved the distressed R/W/B papers used.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You really got BUSY girl. Good work. Love the layering on the "hero" card but the Totally Rocked it is my favorite. Thanks for your support of OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  30. your cards I wonderful! Ilove that flag paper on the you rock card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a wonderful, varied set of cards you've created to share for the hop - my favorite is the You Rock card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful assortment of fun patriotic cards. I love the guitar die cut with the flag positioned perfectly on it. And I agree 100% about your kind words to Sandy. She really is super talented and amazing. Thank you for your support to OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful post and tribute to Sandy, Michele! All of your cards are just wonderful! I can tell you put a lot of love into the cards you create for our heroes!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your cards! So many different types of inspiration..., but I really NEED to know where you found the superbird image. We have been doing superheros in my pre-school class and this is perfect! Don't laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://doodlepantry.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=249&category_id=31&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=11
      Not laughing ~ I think that sounds like a "super" fun project for your students!

      Delete
  35. I can almost FEEL the texture in your cards!

    Hummingbird Hugs,
    Misty
    http://delitefulgifts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are all awesome cards!
    I love the little super bird image
    and the patriotic "hero" on the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great cards. I really like the Super Bird.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review