February 28, 2015

Favorite Recipe Blog Hop

Welcome to our Favorite Recipe Blog Hop.  If you are just arriving from Theresa's blog, you are in the right place! Don't forget to visit everyone...you won't want to miss any of the amazing  Recipes that we have to share with you! In addition to seeing some awesome recipes and/or projects, there is a chance to win blog candy! To be eligible to win, you must leave a comment on each stop in the hop as well as hitting that little "follow" button!  For this hop Robin is giving away this great Project Life Recipe Pages Kit by Becky Higgins!!!

Winner will be chosen on Sunday, March 8th so you have all week to hop through ! So, grab yourself a Latte', sit back and hop along with us as we share our projects with you.

My husband loves to cook and it didn't take long to realize that our kitchen wasn't big enough for both of us lol. I gladly let him take over and look forward to all the deliciousness he can whip up! Prior to that, I introduced him to my CORNBREAD SALAD. He said this is the only reason he married me :-) This recipe makes a ton so it's great for gatherings but I usually cut it in half for the 2 of us. It's wonderful as a side item or all by itself as a snack! 
I combine the mayo, sour cream and ranch dressing mix the night before and refrigerate so it can meld. It's rather twangy when you 1st mix it up so make sure you do this the day before you plan on serving it.
I cube the bacon strips instead of cooking whole strips and trying to break it up. Prepare cornbread as noted on package. I always use 2 packages so I am assured I won't run out even if doing 1/2 a recipe.
Combine tomatoes (undrained), kidney beans (undrained) and corn (drained). Add bacon, bell pepper and onion. (we added a little celery too)
Crumble a layer of cooled cornbread in the bottom of a deep dish. Add layer of bean mixture, a layer of sour cream mixture and a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat for a second layer. The recipe doesn't call for black olives but we love them and they go perfectly with this dish. THIS is 1/2 a recipe!
If you have any liquid left over from the bean mixture, drizzle it over the entire dish before adding the last layer of sour cream and cheese.

I made this recipe card using the My Memories digital scrapbooking software! 

Your next stop will be with Rhonda

1. Robin ~ http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/

2. Janet ~ http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com/

3. Miranda ~ www.nanasscrapspot.com

4. Alicia ~ http://www.goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com/

5. Connie ~ http://www.conniecancrop.blogspot.com

6. Michelle Kinde ~ http://www.michellekinder.blogspot.com/

7. Jessica Douglass Wilson ~ http://stampinandcraftin.blogspot.com/

8. Audrey Dickinson ~ http://kreativekreationbyaudrey.blogspot.com/

9. Liz Mullen ~ http://scrapiliciouslife.blogspot.com/

10. Theresa Rawlins Knopf ~ http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/

YOU ARE HERE ---->11. Michele Smith ~ http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

12. Rhonda Helm ~ http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com

13. Sarah Biswabic ~ www.sarahbiswabic.blogspot.com

Thank you for hopping along with us today! As a token of my appreciation, I am giving away this fabulous Hero Arts stamp and a Therm o Web Sticky Tab Runner (these things are awesome!) I will draw a winner on Sunday March 8th so be sure to check back, on this post, to see if you are a winner!! 
Thank you everyone for taking the time to hop with us ~ we really appreciate your time and comments. Congratulations to Teresa K ~ winner of my blog candy! Please email your mailing address to msmith38652@gmail.com to claim your prize!!








23 comments:

  1. I love your project. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day!
    Marcia
    mvanhoosan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page and this recipe sounds yummy. Wish I could get hubby to take over the cooking, but he burns grilled cheese. LOL.
    scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recipe! I am going to a party tonight! I might bring this, but I have been asked to bring my thin mints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, your recipe looks yummy. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the hop with me.
    Robin
    http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds SO GOOD! I can't wait to try it! I love your recipe card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have never heard of this before tho it sure sounds good ...will have to give it a try for sure ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Thank you for sharing. Would surely need to pop out the beer with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe sounds delicious! I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recipe looks great! Love all the pictures you included!!
    Cheryl Cheryl (Facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing
    I follow you with email
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your recipe looks so delicious. Can I ask what brand of cornbread since some of the mixes are kinda sweet? Thasnks for your giveaway, too. Love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds summer yummy. there has to be more reasons why he married you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute recipe layout. Thanks for the recipe and the chance to win blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making cards so I just might have to go through my stack and send some to our Military as well! Thanks for sharing as you are very artistic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm taking this to our family Easter party! You called it a salad and that's what I'm suppose to take. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like an excellent salad! I love everything in it -- except the mayo, ranch dressing and sour cream! There must be a way to lighten this up! Have you ever tried to do that or is this a special occasion type of thing? BTW, I'm new to your blog, here just for the hop -- so happy to have found you! I'm definitely trying this recipe -- DH loves everything, right down to the ranch dressing -- even if I just get lite dressing and use yogurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds super interesting!! Who knows could be my next favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Are you reading this???

Hello! It's been over a year since I posted on my blog. With the dissolution of Operation Write Home, I kind of lost my joy in creating...