January 31, 2015

Pinterest Blog Hop!

Welcome to our Pinterest Inspired Blog Hop. If you are coming from Candice Fields, then you are in the right spot. If you just happened to stumble across this post, please start at the beginning of the hop with Robin's blog...you won't want to miss any of the amazing Pinterest Inspired Projects! In addition to seeing some awesome projects, there is a chance to win some blog candy from Robin! 
Gold Memory Planner Kit by Heidi Swapp
To be eligible to win the blog candy, you must leave a comment on each stop in the hop as well as hitting that little "follow" button! Winner will be chosen on Sunday, February 8th so you have all week to hop through ! So, grab yourself a Latte', sit back and hop along with us as we share our projects with you.

I heard about Pinterest a couple of years ago and I said NO....NOT GONNA DO IT! Having a full time job and a paper craft addiction....I didn't need anything else that required my time. Boy was I wrong! I love seeing what others have created and I have been so inspired by new products and techniques. So, 2 years later I have 99 boards and 12,784 pins! My mo jo doesn't have a chance at getting lost! There is ALWAYS something to try. 
I think shaker cards are so cute and really add an element of fun. I love the ocean so I chose this pin for my inspiration today. 
This card was a little time consuming but as with anything, the more you practice, the less you have to "think" about it so I can't wait to try another one! 




Supplies: 
Inkadinkado - Patterned Sailboats
DCWV - The Basics Stack & The Shimmer Stack; yellow glitter paper for the sun from my stash
Spellbinders - Circle & Card Maker Dies
Judi Kins - Window Plastic
Advantus - 5mm Round Cup Sequins - Holographic Blue
Color Box Chalk Ink - Blue;   Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Broken China;  Gina K Designs - Red Hot
Copic Marker - Y15
Scotch - Quick Dry Adhesive

In honor of your visit,  I have a little giveaway for you! All you have to do is follow this blog by clicking on the blue button on the right (if you haven't already) and leave a comment. I will announce the winner right here, on this post, Sunday 2/8/15.
Congratulations to Theresa Knopf! Please email your mailing address to msmith38652@gmail.com 

Thank you again for spending time with us today. If your crafty mo jo goes missing, feel free to check out my Pinterest boards. If you already have a Pinterest account, please leave me your link so I can see what inspires you!


Your next stop will be with Sandy. If you get lost along the way here is the entire line-up of today's hop for you to get back on track and not miss a single project. 
Lori Johnson Apgar ~ www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com 
Theresa Harris ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com 
Michele Smith ~ http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/   <-------YOU ARE HERE
Sandy Bell Hentzel ~ www.scrapbookblessingsclub.com 
Jessica Douglass Wilson ~ Stampinandcraftin.blogspot.com 
Connie Wallenbrock ~ http://www.conniecancrop.blogspot.com 

Theresa Rawlins Knopf ~ http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/ 

24 comments:

  1. What a great shaker card. Love the nautical theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, your card is beautiful, I have always wanted to try and make one of these, I love it. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the hop with me. And wow a give away as well, you are wonderful.
    Robin
    http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, thanks for sharing how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shaker card!! Thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is beautiul and it does look like it took some time to complete!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the delete, I hit post before I was finished typing. Any who, your shaker card is AWESOME! I've only done one and I'm itching to do another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so stinkin' cute! what a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing how you assembled that! I have so many patterns for shaker cards yet have no idea how to assemble or what to put in them! Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo very cute . I love shaker cards !!! Yours is fantastic !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    http://www.mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ocean too and this is a really cute card. You did a great job creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the shaker card! I want to learn how to create one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower & love your super cute shaker card!

    MandyB

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower! Love your card! Great colors and pp and sequins of course!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card - love the blue sequins you used for the water.
    I follow you with Google friend connect.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a new Pinterest follower. Chris zook.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful shaker card. Thanks for the directions. I follow your blog and Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a new follower: J. Woolbright Hooray!!!
    Love your shaker. The blue sequins are so pretty and love the nautical look. Just wonderful!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! It may have been time consuming, but its AMAZING! You did such a great job on your card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great shaker card! I love these so much but haven't been able to perfect the technique yet. Yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous shaker card!! Just love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of the cutest cards I have seen. I am an avid Pinterest person. Whether it is looking for something, making something, or just killing time. I have several boards. I will start following you also. My Pinterest name is just Kathy Jo Carter. and I am now one of your newest followers. I Love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Are you reading this???

Hello! It's been over a year since I posted on my blog. With the dissolution of Operation Write Home, I kind of lost my joy in creating...