November 30, 2014

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

In response to the OWH Red Friday Blog Hop, I created a Love card using some Idea-Ology Film Strip Ribbon. I have been hoarding it for a couple of years and after seeing Sandy Allnock's cute card, I thought I would try it out. 
Here's a peek at Sandy's card
It's made out of a stiff plastic like the real film strip and curled in this tiny container so getting it to lie flat was not an option. I had it laid out overnight with weighted items and it wasn't budgin' so I adhered it to the back with tape, colored my staples brown and added 1 to each side for stability. I stamped some little Peachy Keen faces directly on to the Bo Bunny paper using a Fiskar's stamp press and finished it off with a few Hero Arts gems.
I embossed the sentiment and matching hearts but apparently, this was not World Embossing Day. I tried 3 times on the sentiment, using the dust buddy and still couldn't get a clean sentiment. The hearts turned out pretty well though lol
Hope you will take time to visit the OWH blog hop participants. They have some really cute ideas!! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG Your card is so stinkin' cute!!! I love how you used that filmstrip tape gosh never ever thought of using it this way but I sure will now...girl you are just ever so clever!! OMG talk about making a kabillion awesome
    OWH cards you so have outdone yourself. OK so here goes!!!!
    WOOT~~~~~WOOT~~~~WOOT what's this you ask??? It's my 3 gun WOOT to you for a creative job very well done above and beyond!!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!! The peachy keen faces are just adorable in the film strip ribbon. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one who doesn't alway get clean embossing, even using an embossing buddy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...