October 12, 2014

Stamp Organization

I was so tired of wasting time searching for the perfect stamp I decided to take a few hours and do what I had been thinking about for a long time. Little did I know that it would end up taking 3 weeks but I am soooooo glad I did it.
This is actually a storage box for photos. I get them when JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby runs the 50% off sale because they are about $40. I labeled each container with a #. I labeled the individual boxes with that # plus a letter.
 I grouped "like" stamps together so they are all in 1 place: trees/nature, birds, pets, nautical, christmas, winter.... sentiments are grouped together too: birthday, love, miss you, hello.....I have a section for boy stuff (trucks, 4 wheelers) and girl stuff (make up, shopping)......a section for food (cupcakes, ice cream, coffee, etc.   you get the picture :-)
 There is a picture on both sides of the box with the stamped images. I cut 4 x 6 cardstock pieces, placed all the stamps, used a big acrylic block and stamped as 1 big image.
 I always want to give credit to the manufacturers so I #d the images on the front and indexed them on the back. I used pink copy paper to keep the 2 sides of stamps from sticking together or getting mixed up.

I scanned the stamped cards 3 at a time. I put the box # in the margins. So, if I am looking for a horse, I know that I can find it in box 1J. If I need a frog, I can find them in 1M.
For rubber stamps or wood stamp sets. I just scanned the insert like on the left or scanned the whote set of stamps like on the right.
Look at the 6k picture at the bottom. Would you believe I had THIRTY different stamp set with stars? As you can see, I #d each widdle star and put the stamp set on the back of the card so now, all of my stars are in 1 place but I still know where it came from!
I now have 8 boxes of stamps with my handy binder so I don't waste any time when I need something in particular. Like I said, it took a lot of time but it was well worth it for my style of crafting. :-)
Now....it's time for me to get busy! lol  Hope you have a crafty day! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! This looks awesome!!! It looks as if it was a big job! TFS
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a awesome idea! I might just give it a try! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE sorting and organizing. This is fabulous. GREAT idea and terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been organizing my Stamps to. I hate looking through Stamps looking for the right one. I numbered all of my stamps sets and stamped them all on white cardstock and put them all in plastic sleeves in a folder and numbered each picture. Now all I have to do is look through my folder, find the one I need, look at the number and go get it. No more searching. Yours looks really good. Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...