Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #18

Challenge #18 - Layer It!

I came across this challenge blog while visiting a Creative Lady named Donna and couldn't wait to get started on this challenge! I saw this badge on the CHAC Blog and thought....this is SO me!! LOL
I have so many supplies that I never use because it's not the right color or theme but I put my thinkin' cap on and got to work looking for all those supplies that I have neglected!
I chose some spooky, creepy spider paper & purple/orange stripe from the Graphic 45 Happy Haunting paper pad. I have had this EK Success web punch for 3-4 years and have only used it once but I knew it would make a perfect border. I finished it off with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.
The EEEK sentiment & spider are minis from Studio G which I heat embossed. I left the excess powder for that spooky effect. I added Range Tea Dye distress ink around the sentiment edges and Darice gems to the edge in hopes of bringing out the colors in the striped paper. The googly eyes on the spider makes him super scary don't ya think?
See those little white circles up there? I previously used all the pop dots and this is what is left. Instead of tossing it out, I used it on the back of the sentiment, as is, to add dimension! See....it pays to be a hoarder....never throw anything away 'cause you might just find a use for it some day!
I didn't have any black twine (whaaaat?) so I used some Clubhouse Crafts elastic cord (Wal-Mart) and colored it with a marker. I didn't have any black crinkle ribbon either (whaaaat) but I did have some white 3 Girl Jam ribbon which I colored with alcohol ink. It was messy but turned out just fine!

Well, I think I met the requirements of this challenge: 6 layers on the base and 3 layers on the sentiment and I didn't use any newly purchased items! This challenge closes November 2nd so there's plenty of time for you to enter! Visit the website here and see what else they have in store to spark your creativity!
Hope you have a crafty day!  

Comments

  1. So cute, I love all the crinkle ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how creative and resourceful you are! I love the little spider with his google eyes and that black ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sucker for googly eyes! Love that you added them to your cute spider. The webs are fabby! Thanks for sharing this with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that spider web border. Very cool.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, the background paper you used goes great with all the elements you added to your card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card love the papers and googly eyed spider-gorgeous ribbon and border puch(I use the pop dots waste too lol)-Thank you for joining us at Craft Hoarders
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a firm believer that all good things start with a mess, and your card is no exception! What a spooktacularly adorable card! That spider is so gosh darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Card, love all the layers... thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Craft Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't throw much away myself!! Great card!! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased that you followed Donna to the challenge! This is really cute! Thanks for playing along at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review