Pages

July 5, 2014

Operation Write Home ~ VCMP Challenge #2


Challenge #2: Thank you card using spray ink backgrounds

I have never used spray inks so I dove right in and now realize....I need to study a bit more! LOL
I only had 2 spray inks so I broke the seal on both and gave it a whirl.

I love the way this one turned out but it was drowning in water. I didn't have time to let it dry over night so I tried dabbing it with a tissue which took pretty much all of the ink off. (see below) I sprayed again and tried the heat tool but that wasn't successful either.
This is really a violet color and I used just a few sprays.  
I am not really liking either of these looks so I put them aside and will use them for cards later. 
Another option for this challenge was to use Gelatos. I happened to have some of those never before used too!  I colored the light and dark blues and tried to blend them with my finger. That wasn't working so I misted a little water and the colors blended quite well.
I used paper that looked like cork for the sand and a grass punch for what I thought would look like sea grass. Truth be known, there was a white strip below the sand that I needed to cover up. The clouds were made with a Fiskars punch.
I added Glossy Accents on the water to help bring it to life but I think that was a bit much for an OWH card. Since I knew I wasn't going to send this to OWH, I used glitter paper for the sun and added a 3D hula girl and flower sticker and finished it off with an SRM sentiment sticker.   
While this isn't my favorite card of all time, I accepted the challenge and tried something new. :-) 

3 comments:

  1. I have quite a few Gelatos and haven't figured them out, but I am up to challenge myself to try them again. I like how you used the two shades of blue against that sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used different elements to create this scene card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hula girl! Thanks for TGIF'ing with me this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)