November 1, 2013

OWH Sketch 196, Mid Week Throwdown & Any Hero Cards ~


 The adorable little turtle & sentiment can be found in The Doodle Pantry store. The scalloped edge is a Spellbinder die and the ribbon is from The Paper Studio.

Here's our awesome OWH mascot, Ciara! You can find her in the Stamper's Best store.  Papers for the next 4 cards came from The Paper Studio - Proud to Serve pack.

Saluting images were cut using the Stand & Salute Cricut cartridge. Sentiment - MFT Stamps
 The dog tag and star were cut from shiny silver paper with the Stand & Salute Cricut cartridge

To create the quilt, I used a Fiskars star punch, DCWV Stack 8 paper and a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Quite time consuming but I think the end result is worth it!
I stopped at the Shell station for gas yesterday. I always listen to American Family Radio in the morning to get my day started off just right. I noticed a man in uniform in the store. When he cam out his truck happened to be on the other side of my pump. I leaned around the corner and thanked him for his service. Glancing at his name badge...it said Christ. It was a touching moment coming in contact with a real Hero and being able to say "I saw Christ today".  Hope you have a blessed day!




3 comments:

  1. What adorable cards! I love how you choose your sketch also! Congrats on being blogger of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the silver ribbon looks like chain - goes perfectly with the silver thank you on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy and all that work produced some fabulous cards. You will make a lot of heroes feel very much appreciated. Interesting story about "Christ".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Are you reading this???

Hello! It's been over a year since I posted on my blog. With the dissolution of Operation Write Home, I kind of lost my joy in creating...