Pages

August 31, 2013

OWH Virtual Card Making Party - Challenges 1-5



Paper: DCWV - Winter Magic Matstack
Dies: Spellbinders - Curved Rectangles, Squares, Classic Scalloped Squares
Sentiment: Cindy Echtinaw - Scent My Cards
Ink: Hampton Art - Studio G
Gems: Hampton Art - Ki Memories
Snowflakes & Foam Tape

Seems rather odd making winter cards while it's 99.9 degrees here in Mississippi. Christmas will be here before you know it so this is a perfect opportunity to be creative. Hope you will join in on the fun! It all starts here......http://operationwritehome.org/labor-day-weekend-vcmp-master-thread-2/

I used an Owl stamp sitting on a Wooden branch & he is stopping in to say Hoot! 
Triple Die Technique
The foil paper was really difficult to photograph. You can see it a bit better below. My sweet husband came up with the sentiment.
 Supplies used
Love card using the sketch provided
 Challenge 5
Masking Tape Technique

The green gems are awkwardly placed because there were inks splotches on the die from a previous project. I had not tried this technique before but I am so glad I had the challenge. It wasn't nearly as hard (or messy) as I expected.


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the way you decorated those pretty shaped squares is just over the top! I love it! Cute owl, too! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great VCMP!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! That snowflake card is amazingly beautiful! And the owl card is too cute and such a clever play on the OWH challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along!
    The little birds on your love card are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are wonderful! Thanks for playing my challenge using O-W-H- your owl is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)