July 2, 2013

OWH Sketch 177, 178 & 179 ~

Sometimes I get so caught up in being creative, I don't want to take time to complete my blog posts. I would love to throw the pictures in there and get back to being productive but I know when I visit other blogs, I enjoy seeing what materials they used or learning about a new technique. So....let's get started! 

OWH Sketch #179

When fussy cutting an image, it's best to hold your scissors straight and rotate the image as needed ~ A tip I learned from the OWH executive director, Sandy Allnock. If you haven't checked out the 100+ OWH tutorials, you don't know what you're missing!
Paper: Recollections - Bold Basics
Image: Stampabilities - Peanuts: Eating Ice Cream (You can use licensed images for OWH cards if they are made for paper crafting but you cannot use licensed images printed from the internet, etc.)
Sentiment: My Favorite Things - Straight from the Carton Stamp set ( I cut the stamp in half to make it fit in the space needed - another great tip from Sandy Allnock)
Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black & Stampabilities - Christmas Green
Scalloped Border Punch: Fiskars
Gems: Pink & Black - from my stash

OWH Sketch #178
These patterned papers are from the DCWV - Grade School 
I totally forgot to add the banner on the next 2 cards!!!
The frog and cat tail are from the Cricut Create a Critter 2 cartridge. I used polka dot green paper for the frog but the dots don't really show up. I used a circle punch to create the corners.
I have no idea why this background is blue when the photos were taken at the same time (the next one is white).
Paper: DCWV - Citrus Stack
Sentiment: Cindy Echtinaw Designs - Labels 25 Floral Friendship (matches Spellbinders dies)

Paper: DCWV - Citrus Stack
Sentiment: K Andrew Designs - Scripture Sayings Stamp Set
Flower: StampingScrapping.com

OWH Sketch #177


 I shall leave no scrap behind!!! I used the scraps cut from the banner for inside decoration.
Puppy: Cricut Create a Critter 2 Cartridge
Paper: DCWV Animal Crackers Matstack
Sentiment: My Favorite Things - Choose Hope Stamp Set
Momento Tangelo Dye Ink
Faux Stitching: Sharpie (I can't believe how perfectly it matched the Momento ink)
Bones: The Paper Studio - Spare Parts Dog Bone Brads
Paw Prints: Stickopotamus Stickers (yeah, I think they are bear prints lol)
Eyes: Black Gems
Blue Gems: Kathy Davis Happiness Collection

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY ~ HAVE A CREATIVELY CRAFTY DAY!!

3 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you shared because these are cards are FABULOUS! They are all super cute, so I can't even pick a favorite...of course, Snoopy is super sweet with that ice cream! :) Love all the sketches, so I am going to give them a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great group of cards! Love the papers! The big sentiments are nice. Tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great cards! You really rocked all the sketches you used. I love the middle friendship card (the one that had two different colored backgrounds, LOL). It is such a great sentiment and I love how the center is popped up to accentuate the layers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Are you reading this???

Hello! It's been over a year since I posted on my blog. With the dissolution of Operation Write Home, I kind of lost my joy in creating...