July 27, 2013

Grillin' & Chillin' BBQ Hop ~


Hi there! Have the days gotten shorter? I swanny I don't know where the time has gone. Meanwhile, my scrapbooking projects keep piling up so I thought I would take this opportunity to begin catching up. It has been so long, I think I forgot how. I was mo-jo-less! Anyhoo, my husband and personal chef LOVES to grill out/smoke every chance he gets. He lives and breathes BBQ (kinda like me and papercrafting) so I created a layout to honor this oh so wonderful man.

He has lots of foodie friends on FB and they all share photos/recipes so I had no problem finding pictures to choose from. I will add the journaling in the space next to the tree and move that little picture up a bit...I think...
Yes, those are boiled eggs wrapped in sausage! I think they are called Scotch Eggs. Yummy! When dinner is ready....he ALWAYS says "come n get it"! lol Am I not the luckiest gal in the world?


I bought these tiny silverware pieces at Hobby Lobby in the doll house accessory dept because I just KNEW I would use them for something...one day. And look how cute!! (yes, my adorable husband decorates my plate just like at those fancy restaurants)
It gets hot in Mississippi in the summer so a tiki umbrella becomes a necessity for those all-day smokes!
If you want to see more of Chef Edward's BBQ delights, you can find them here at 
Lisa has some wonderful sponsors for this hop ~ Be sure to check out the fabulous prizes up for grabs by beginning the hop here!  I am sure they would love to have you over for a visit so check out their blogs and stores when you have a moment.
So glad you are hopping along with us today! Hey...leave a comment for your chance to win some summer blog candy! Followers welcome :-) I will announce the winner on this post Wednesday!!!
As always, thanks so much for your comments. They really help me see the areas that need improvement. And the winner isssssssss...JANIS! Please send your address to msmith38652@gmail.com and I will get your package right out! Until next time....have a crafty day!
You're next stop is Kathy.

7. Michele - http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/ <------You are Here

P.S. I would like to send a big shout out to my mother who gave me a Cricut Expression about 2-1/2 years ago. I think I have about figured it out lolol! Me and my Cricut have a love/hate relationship. Thankfully, this project was on the Love side! Thanks Mom for your support  & encouragement (hugs)

23 comments:

  1. Great layout. Those silverware pieces are adorable. I'm so excited as a Hobby Lobby is opening less than 2 miles from my house in a few months!!!
    Your hubby looks like an awesome chef!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout and the cute little guy with the BBQ just pops it off the page. I too have a love hate relationship but with my silhouette. I refuse to give up and will win in the end, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love your layout great job
    cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts!!! We love to BBQ at our house all summer long

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout....awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute layout!!
    Angela
    angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com
    chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful double LO in tribute to your DH, cook, and main bottle-washer (or do you do that part???). Those little silverware pieces are just the cutest things!!

    How lovely of you to offer blog candy, in addition to the prizes that are already being offered!! I am a brand-new follower of your blog by email. Yippee!!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the little embellishments on your lay out. Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts.blogspot.com
    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great layout! I love all of the cute Cricut cuts!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout, I love the silverware!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! I love that you documented this, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute layout! All your BBQ food pics makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute LO tfs- great hopping with you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super ideas and I love the embellies for your LO - I liked your comment on the Cricut Expression as it mirrors my own experience only w/daughters. Paper crafting is sooooo much fun and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your layout AND all the food that is BBQing :) TFS

    Lucy
    Love 2 Create

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pig is so cute. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    Kimberly Colson

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michele this layout is awesome. I love all the little extra touches you added. The silverware is so cute. Thank you so much for being a part of this hop with me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. im a new follower and love your layouts, they are perfect for the pictures. Thank you for sharing!
    Veronica familyofscrappers2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome layout, Michele!! The cuts you used are so perfect!! The little pig is too cute!! The pictures of the food look so delicious!! This is fabulous!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Michele... I LOVE THAT LAYOUT! I am stopping by from Grillin' and Chillin' Blog Hop and am your newest follower. I really like your site.

    Blessing,
    Kathy Carter
    http://carterscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/CartersCraftingCorner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Are you reading this???

Hello! It's been over a year since I posted on my blog. With the dissolution of Operation Write Home, I kind of lost my joy in creating...