Pages

June 22, 2013

OWH MWT & ODBD June Challenge ~ Water

It's taken me all day....ok maybe 2...to complete this card so I thought I would use it for both the OWH Mid Week Throwdown challenge from 6/5/13 & the ODBD June Challenge which are both about creating a card with water. 
I chose the Life's a Beach Cricut cartridge. I love my Cricut but this particular cartridge only has 1 layer so if you need multiple colors, you have to cut it multiple times. 
Once I had the sailboat assembled, this is what was left. Looks like I will be making some more sailboats with the scraps!
Thanks to some awesome inspiration from Sandy Allnock and OWHtv last Thursday, I tried my 1st paper tearing technique (waves)! I think it turned out pretty cute! Another 1st was twisting the sentiment so it's not straight. I used the Paper Smooches - Circle of Honor stamp set and navy embossing powder but it appears black here.
I added glossy Accents to the boat with a little foam dimensional tape to make it stand out. The clouds are cut from a Fiskars Punch and the sunset is a circle punch cut in half (another idea from SA).  
The starfish, coral and anchor are also from the Life's a Beach cartridge.
I love the beach, ocean and beautiful views so this was really fun to do. I see more water cards in my future!! 
Our Daily Bread Designs supports OWH with shipping expenses via these challenges. The more participants that link up their project, the more they can help so go...get busy...and be sure to check out the ODBD store! They have some super cute stuff....you should see my wish list!!
Have a great and crafty day! 


3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)