Pages

June 2, 2013

12 x 12 ~ One Sheet Wonder Challenge ~

While taking part in last weekend's Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop I was inspired to try so many new things I didn't know where to start! Seongsook's Creations recently posted a 1 sheet wonder tutorial on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog. Basically, you take 1 sheet of double sided paper and create 8 cards with no scraps left over. You can find the template here. Thanks for sharing it with us Seongsook!

I received some super cute Disney papers from Theresa, The Scrapbooking Queen called Magic Polka Dots. I thought the yellow and red combination would be cheerful, fun colors.
Following the awesome, easy to read template, I laid out all the pieces as I cut them to be sure I was on the right track.

This sentiment is from The Scrapbooking Queen - Queen's Birthday stamp set. The butterflies came from a tiny punch my husband suggested I buy. There were 6 in the pack on clearance and they are perfect for using that last little bit of scrap paper. The red dots are fabric paint.
This rockin' puppy and sentiment are freebies from Birdie Brown for use in her June challenge. Hmm after looking at her card, I see that I should have colored in the white....not sure why I thought his eyeball was that big lol!!
This sentiment is from The Scrapbooking Queen - King's Birthday stamp set. Oopsy...as you may have noticed, I cut the paper from the wrong corner while processing the template. I could not for the life of me figure out why, when I flipped the pieces over, it looked like a kite instead of a rectangle. I taped the pieces back together and cut again. :-)
The ladybugs are stickers from my stash. I think they were Jolee's that I found at Wal-Mart.
This cute little guy and sentiment are from the Stamper's Best - Stud Puffin OWH fundraiser stamp set. I just love using those googly eyes. They give the image so much character.
I do not know where I found this cute image. If you do, please let me know in the comments so I can give them credit. 
This image is a coloring page that you can find here. I shaded in the background with a light blue Spectrum Noir marker but it didn't make much of an impact. May have to go back and use the next darker shade.
The mailbox image is another coloring page that can be found here.
This was a fun challenge and a great way to make progress on my card collection for OWH! Be sure to visit Birdie BrownThe Scrapbooking Queen and Stamper's Best when you have a moment. They have some really cute products to help fuel your creativity. Thanks for stopping by ~ Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing set! Love them ALL!

    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,I love how your cards turned out! I really like your Torico freebie card. (I think it's fine that you left that part white - it looks like he has a white patch over his eye.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! TFS. I am definitely going to print this template and give it a try.

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers!! I love the variety of things that you used to decorate your OSW cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely cards! Thank you for joining this month's challenge at Birdie Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are awesome! Each card is designed so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Sarah, you ROCK!. (did I say right?) I love each of your card. So creative. Thanks for taking the One Sheet Wonder challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)