May 17, 2013

OWH Sketch #172 ~ & Mid Week Throwdown ~

It's a brand new week and that means a new sketch challenge from Operation Write Home!


You can find the sentiment here. The papers are Recollections, the crocheted flower is from Close to my Heart and the teal flower/brad are from my stash. I used a Viva Decor Pearl Pen for the yellow dots and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Broken China Distrss ink.
The sentiment is from the new Hero Arts OWH wood mounted stamps (LP279). I unmounted this sentiment and cut it in half to create 2 lines. A great tip I learned from Sandy Allnock! Here is some more great stamp altering advice. The heart paper is from the Recollections - All Girl pad.

 You can find the cute little freebie here. The papers are from Bo Bunny - Camp-A-lot.


 OWH - Mid Week Throwdown Challenge ~ Make your sentiment the focal point
The sentiment can be found here. I used my markers to color random lines across the image and Spellbinders dies to complete the focal point.
 I punched the hearts out of the leftover scrap once I cut the image out.
Don't forget to mark your calendars for the awesome OWH blog hop next weekend. There will be tons of ideas and inspiration waiting for you!! I hope everyone is having a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. Really nice cards...love the colors and tectures on the blue/yellow card! Love the coloring on the MWT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey therе ωould you mind ѕtatіng which
    blog platform yοu’ге usіng?
    I’m
    going to start my оwn blog in thе near
    future but I’m havіng a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpresѕ/B2evolution and Drupаl.

    The reason I ask is because your design seеms diffеrent then mοst blogs and
    Ι’m looking for something unique.
    P.S Sorry fοr being off-topic but I had to
    aѕk!

    Check out my wеblοg - losing weight after 50

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...