Pages

May 8, 2013

Operation Write Home ~ Virtual Card Making Party (Day 2)



The papers are from the Recollections All Girl pack. The sentiment is computer generated. Have no idea where I found this image ~ sorry.
Challenge #5 ~ Create an AnyHero card using a photo I took
My husband and I are NASCAR fans. This photo was taken at Bristol Motor Speedway last August. NASCAR supports out awesome military so there are always 100s of uniforms at every race. Makes me so very proud to be an American! 
Love these stamps from La La Land Crafts. Seeing it here, I wish I would have colored the background and made more of a scene with it. I used a brick embossing folder on the tan background and the sentiment is from SP & Co.  
Struggling yet again with the backgrounds but I'm learning a little bit each day. I used the Hero Arts Happy Birthday & Right at Home stamp sets. I stamped, scanned and reduced the house stamp to make it fit and added Glossy Accents to the balloon. I adhered the sentiment before realizing I needed to mat it but I use lots of adhesive in hopes my cards don't end up in triage lol so it wasn't coming off!
Bonus Challenge ~ Create a card with googlie eyes
Monkey See Monkey Do! Isn't he the cutest?? It was a freebie from Dustin Pike.
 I printed a small image of Dustin's colored monkey to go by and figured I may as well use it!
That's it for now! Working on my Hero card messages so I can get my 1st box in the mail tomorrow. Hope you're having a crafty week ~ See you next time :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great cards, Michelle! I love the photo you chose - I'm sure some of our heroes are NASCAR fans as well and they will love seeing that picture and hearing the story behind it. Thanks so much for playing in my OWH VCMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome group of cards Michelle! I love what you did with the sketch this week. The pinks are bright and bold, while the gray adds a calming touch. Love it! Using a silhouette for this is perfect and it really pop! THanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work! That is the type of info that should
    be shared across the web. Shame on Google for not
    positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my
    site . Thank you =)

    my web blog - http://www.pdubhub.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cool! Some extrеmelу valiԁ points!
    Ι apprеciate уou penning this post and also the гest of the websitе is гeаllу gooԁ.


    Alsо ѵisit mу web page ... organic food

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)