April 21, 2013

Green is Good Blog Hop ~

Something recycled, something re-purposed, whether it’s a milk jug turned in to a scoop, or a tin can made in to a pencil holder. Maybe your kids planted some trees to help the environment, or maybe you did. There are tons of ways to get greener in everyday life. Today we are showing off our creations to celebrate Earth Day 2013. If you’re just starting here make sure to head over to the beginning at My Life in Arts’ n Crafts’. I hear she’s giving away some goodies!
I love the concept of turning trash into treasures. I have acquired quite a collection of discarded containers, etc to work with....it was hard to decide which one to go with for this hop!
I started out with the silver liner that seals my coffee can. I had seen tutorials of embossing on aluminum foil so I thought I would give it a go! I used the Spellbinders Picot Edge & Standard Circles dies and ran it through my Grand Calibur. I had to run it through a couple of times because there appeared to be another layer like plastic wrap in the foil. It was going to be impossible to punch out those little pieces around the edge.
The star image is from the Dare 2B Artsy My Hero stamp set using Hero Arts Hero Hues Punch chalk ink. The sentiment is from the Dare 2B Artsy Missing You and Thinking of You stamp sets using Stampabilities Royal Blue dye ink. These stamps are wonderful and Dare 2B Artsy has some really cute "must haves". Take a minute to check them out after the hop! 
The star paper is part of The Paper Studio 4 Seasons collection. The gems are from Forever in Time.
This "Any Hero" card was made for Operation Write Home. 
I made a crayon container with the coffee can using some Spongebob Squarepants images from Bing and a Spellbinders Labels One die. The paper is from The Paper Studio 180 Paper Pack and Glossy Accents were added to the rainbow.
I need to go back and really secure those edges a little better. With 5 and 1 year old grandchildren, I don't see those staying glued for long lol!

What child doesn't love gummy worms? Yes, I had to test one to be sure they were fresh. Needless to say.....I only tasted ONE!! lol I used a jar that bouillon cubes come in. The image is from Bing, the sentiment I made up and the paper is from The Paper Studio A Day at the Beach. All images were colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers.
I have BLOG CANDY up for grabs to 1 lucky follower! Leave a comment and check back right here Thursday 4/25/13 to see if you are the winner! 
Congratulations to Lucky #7 ~ AJ!!! 
Thanks to everyone who hopped with us :-)

Thank you for taking the time to visit with us today. Next stop on the hop is Sarah! 

Michele - http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/   <----------- You are here
Sarah - http://itswhatkeepsmesane.blogspot.com
An'Jenic - http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
Georgiana -http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/
Robin - http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/
Mary - http://irongatestamps.blogspot.com
Pam - www.scrappletree.com
Angela - http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/
Daphne - http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com/
Lori - http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
Holli -http://Sunflowerholli.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Love your repurposed containers-especially the gummy worms! And your card is terrific. The foil liner came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects!! Love your card!
    I'm a new follower :)
    Angela
    http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful "reuse" containers. My favorite is the worm saying. Never thought about the tin, but I am going to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't thought about using the lining from cans. they would be more of a size needed for cards - no cutting.
    The card is very pretty. The containers are great. thanks for the ideas for re-using some of the stuff that comes into the house.
    txmlhl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coffee foil idea!!! I don't even drink coffee but am tempted to go buy some :)

    Glad to be in this hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you were busy and I love them all. I have had so many coffee foils. I will be using this one. Its such a great idea. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your star card and use of the foil!! I may be borrowing your worm jar . . . good excuse to taste test the worms! It was fun hopping with you! Happy Day - Mary www.irongatestamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of foil. The worm jar is a must for my grandsons. Thanks for your great ideas.
    Gilda
    gildamc@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea to use the coffee can foil for the card. Think I'll try that with my Cricut. Love the worms. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All f your projects are wonderful and creative. I am going to upcycle my coffee can to use for box tops that we collect.
    Kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
    Kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your projects. I love to repurpose things. My husband even ask do want me to keep this container for something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like you containers those are great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute projects!
    bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Job up cycling, if cans weren't worth .05 cents a piece i would so craft with them.
    thanks for being in my hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great projects! Love the card! michelle medich

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Are you reading this???

Hello! It's been over a year since I posted on my blog. With the dissolution of Operation Write Home, I kind of lost my joy in creating...