February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras Blog Hop ~



Welcome to the "Mardi Gras" Blog Hop!  

It's Carnival Time here in the Big Easy a/k/a New Orleans! And we are celebrating with our own parade!  A parade of paper crafts!  

We're so happy you could join us today!  


If you came from Jamie, then you are in the right place.  If not, please start at Miranda's blog, we don't want you to miss any of the fun! 

In addition to seeing a lot of awesome creations, there is some blog candy available too.  Miranda will be giving away a Michael’s gift card.  To be eligible for the blog candy, you are required to visit each stop in the hop and leave a comment!  The winner will be announced Friday on Miranda's Blog!


I have never been to Mardi Gras but would love to go....at least once in my lifetime!  

I haven't ever colored black hair before and see that I need a lot more practice on the hi-lights. 
You can't really see the sparkly but I used green and purple glitter pens on the confetti, boots, and around her hat. 
 Image: "Stella" is a freebie from Cuddlebug Cuties and colored with Copics, Spectum Noir markers and glitter pens          
Spellbinders: Curved Rectangles 
Clearsnap - Color Box Mixed Media Inx - Vintage
Sentiments & Crown were a freebie from Pizzazzerie 
Viva Decor Pearl Pen: Violet
Round Punch: EK Success 
Foam Tape & Ribbon are from my stash
Paper: Core'dinations Vintage Collection

I have a "happy" for 1 lucky follower! Did you know that Purple = Justice, Green = Faith and Gold = Power  according to the Mardi Gras legend? There are tons of interesting facts about this spectacular event but I digress for now. For your chance to win justice, faith and power of your very own, leave a comment! It' s that simple! Check back here on Friday to see the winner!!!  
Happy Friday everyone! Congratulations to the winner of this hop's stash ~  Suzanne Roseberry !! Thanks again for stopping in and visiting with us.


Next on the hop is Mary Ann!
Should you get lost along the way, here is the entire line up: 
Miranda - http://www.nanasscrapspot.com/
Michele - http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/<-------You are here

21 comments:

  1. Oh Michele your card turned out soooo cute. I love the sentiments and that image is perfect. I'm so happy to be on this hop with you. HUGS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I would love attend just once myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love that image! tyfs


    Amanda
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is darling! I love your coloring! Perfect if you ask me!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!Love your card,Very pretty,Your coloring is awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, girl you ROCKED this! I love the image and the coloring is amazing! Thank you so much for joining me today!!!! Happy Mardi Gras!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so adorable! The girl looks like she is having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. This is a great color combo. Happy Mardi Gras!

    afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love love love your project! The colors you used are so gorgeous, your pen work is beautiful, and I love all of the amazing details you added! Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiration.

    Thank you!
    Happy Mardi Gras!

    sroseberry@ymail.com
    zannieberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project! I love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute!!! Love the colors that you chose. Thanks for sharing!!!

    Deborah
    littlebitsofscrappin.blogspot.com
    debkuhn91@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome card!! The image is so fun!! I've been to Mardi Parties, but never Mardi Gras...I'd love to go just once, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is fabulous! Love the girl. I've never been to Mardi Gras either and would also like to go. :) TFS. ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card thanks for sharing tfs
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring is excellent in my eyes...i think we are our own worst critics! Thanks for sharing your great card

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your card came together! Just beautiful!
    xoxo Charity
    thebookinroom@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card. There are lots of interesting facts about Mardi Gras. I hope all those not familiar will take the time to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun idea for a blog hop! I think you did a great job coloring this image. I think black hair is so difficult to get right...harder to show highlighting and color variation...but she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome creation... love the colors...
    morentin1326ATaolDOTcom
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just had to stop by to comment on your beautiful card thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...