OWH Virtual Card Making Party ~ 8


Challenge 8 ~ Washi Tape
I was fortunate enough to win some of this yummy goodness from Washi Up and The Scrapbooking Queen so this will be my 1st project using washi tape!
This sweet little image is from La La Land Crafts. I drew a line around the Spellbinders Curved Rectangle die and inked the sky with Martha Stewart Aquarium ink (Ocean).
Using the Fiskars and The Paper Studio punches, I outlined them, applied washi tape and punched!
I am an amateur at coloring so I thought I would share my process for future reference and for those who have never tried it. Colors look dreadful until you "blend" them with the coordinating color. 
I stamped the Hero Arts Happy Birthday sentiment directly on the washi tape.....BAD IDEA because the ink does not transfer to that slick surface. I hurriedly grabbed my black embossing powder before the ink dried. Since it was already stamped, I didn't have the option of using my anti static pad first which is a must for embossing. Needless to say, this turned out super ugly. Now you know what NOT to do lol
The colors in the grass eventually blended together as they dried. Looks ok but I would have preferred something brighter. Hence, look at the pen you pick up before coloring lol.
My wonderful husband ordered me a roll of "precious" so I can use foam tape for everything! The yellow ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon's Welcome Spring assortment. I intended to add a bow to give it more color but totally forgot once my stamp thing didn't turn out. Wanted to scrap the whole project but posted anyway in hopes of helping others avoid the same mistakes I made.

To Do: remove/change sentiment, add more yellow, add some bling along the upper left....yeah...needs a lot of TLC. Thanks for taking the time to visit ~ suggestions are always welcome and appreciated!
~~~ Have a Happy Crafty Day ~~~

Comments

  1. Michele, what a wonderful card! Thanks for showing how you made it. Really love your cute image and the way you used the washi tape. Good luck with the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful. I am so afraid of coloring. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!! The image is absolutely adorable!! I love the design and how you used the washi tape!! And wow, that is an awesome roll of foam tape!! I need to look into that...I use foam tape on most every project!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review