February 17, 2013

OWH Virtual Card Making Party ~ 3

3rd Challenge ~ Use negative space embossing
This was a tough one because I didn't have a diffuser so I watched the video and made one with 6 layers of 110 lb cardstock and a round circle punch.

The sun image is from Paper Piecing by Nikki - Caring for You and stamped with Stampabilities Dye Ink - Royal Blue.
Take a good long look at this American Crafts ribbon bow. It's like the most perfect one ever ~ I don't know how it happened therefore, I will probably never be able to repeat it!! LOL
This is not my favorite card so if you have a diffuser that you love, please tell me about it because I would like to add one.....or two....to my arsenal!! Thanks for stopping by ~

3 comments:

  1. Your image and your folder look good together. Check out Dixie and Lynn's cards if you want ideas for something different. They both used squares and Dixie drew dashed lines around her's which made it stand out more. You could easily do that even on your finished card. Your colors are great and I love your bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a hard time with this one too! I only used 3 layers for my hand-made difuser...so it wasn't as crisp of a space as I would have liked. Your card looks great though you seem to have fund the trick! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!! I love the face on the sun!! I've watched a video to make a diffuser but haven't tried it yet...you have inspired me!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Craftaholics R Us Challenge #28

Challenge #28 ~ Beach The beach IS my happy place so I was more than willing to be a guest designer for this week's challenge!...