February 8, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown ~ Cards 4 Kids

This week's theme is cards for kids. I used the Cricut Campin' Critters cartridge for my image cut at 3". I am also learning color coordination via the color wheel I found on the Operation Write Home site
Let the fun begin! Tip for new Cricut users.....when you have this many pieces, it's a good idea to layer all of your pieces before adhering them together to be sure you have them in the correct order.
 This is why it takes me forever to complete 1 card. I stamped the Hero Arts - Good Friends stamp set sentiment in black twice, then brown and didn't like either so I went with the green embossing. OWH focuses on quality not quantity but I would like to achieve both. Any tips???
 This is my finished image and my surgical tools. I always have pieces left over. lol I used googly eyes instead of the little round circles cut from the cartridge just to give him a little character.
 The American Crafts ribbon I thought was just perfect and the adhesive dots are from Heidi Grace. Papers are Core'dinations Krafty and Vintage Collection.
 I used an Action Wobble behind the image from The Scrapbooking Queen's Royal Shoppe. 
Brace yourself for my 1st published video ever!!! I wanted to show you the wobble in action and let you see that it doesn't add a lot of bulk to the card. It's very important that the cards aren't too thick. 
No, it's not going to win an academy award but hey....it's a start! LOL I watch tons of videos and my hubby asked me when I was going to make my own. I am from Mississippi so you can imagine how cun...treeeee.. my accent is. Maybe I will throw caution to the wind one day...just for kicks. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


7 comments:

  1. What an adorable card!! That guy is so cute!! How fun that he wobbles!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Where can I get some action wobbles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, this is such an adorable little card. I have got to start using my Cricut more. I just don't have the patience to piece all those parts together...but the result is terrific! And when you figure out how to get cards done faster, please share. It takes me forever to make one card to add to my OWH box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how a lot of crafters used their Cricut for this challenge. I should have thought of it as I have this cartridge! Very cute card! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable just love your cute card and that you wobble it make it extra special
    The Queen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...