February 10, 2013

ODBD February Challenge ~ Fruit

OWH gets one box of cards sent to our soldiers for free, courtesy of Our Daily Bread Designs, with every 25 entries in the ODBD challenge! There are currently 33 entries, mine will be 34. If they receive 50 entries, OWH gets TWO boxes shipped! For 75...THREE boxes! This expense really adds up but it brings so much excitement to the soldiers when the new boxes arrive. Sandy Allnock, president of Operation Write Home, shares letters and emails of appreciation sent from our troops all the time.
I found this cute little image on Bing, colored him with Copics, added some Glossy Accents to the grapes and Studio G glitter glue on the leaf. I went with the 1st sentiment that popped into my head and used the 2 Peas Crazy Pooch font.  
The papers are Core'dinations Brights and White Wash. I used the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics dies for the sentiment and applied a little Versa Magic Chalk Ink in Sage. The ribbon is from my stash and applied with Scor-Tape.

I hope you will take time to link up your fruit project. The challenge ends 2/28/13. Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!! The face is so cute!! Love the sentiment!! What an awesome card!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and love the sentiment thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just cute. The sentiment really makes me smile. Are you able to keep the glitter from flaking off? I seem to have a problem with that and then sadly some great cards are able to be used by OWH due to the danger of being seen by night vision.
    Thank you for helping us get closer to the goal of 50 cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Craftaholics R Us Challenge #28

Challenge #28 ~ Beach The beach IS my happy place so I was more than willing to be a guest designer for this week's challenge!...