February 22, 2013

All Racing Hop ~


Welcome to the All Racing Blog Hop! Today we are celebrating the start of the 2013 Nascar Season and the Daytona 500. If you have raced over from Toni's blog, you are in the right way. If you just happened upon this post, race over to Carla's Blog to start from the beginning.

Our wonderful sponsor for this hop is Nikki over at http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/. She has graciously offered a $25.00 gift certificate to her store. To be eligible to win this you must leave a comment on all the blog posts.
I don't have a lot of embellishments in my scrapbook because I collect so many little artifacts from our trip and I want to focus on the pictures, autographs, events, etc.
 I try to get the local newspaper the next day. Here I have the newspaper's picture and mine in the lower right corner.
 The layout on the left is....just before the race.....National Guard troops came from every direction in the stands to surprise their loved ones standing on the track. I have chills now just thinking about that awesome moment and so glad I was there to share it with them! The layout on the right is our camping spot at Bristol. There are cows and turkeys on the mountainside behind us and the other pics are the front window view. Yes, we already have tickets for the August night race!!
 I strongly advise the headphone rental! It's so worth it because you can listen to the radio broadcast and know what's going on AND you can tune in to every driver's car and listen to what they have to say.   Please note that the drivers can....and will....say what's on their mind so you may want to monitor what channels your children may be listening to. LOL
Camping at Talladega on Halloween ~ Gotta love it. By the way, how do you like my friend's cowboy style rain boots?? Cute huh?
OMG We were lucky enough to be given tickets for the sky box at Bristol last year. It was an experience I will never forget but we decided we would much rather be out there with the fans and the ambiance that IS NASCAR!
 This was my 1st race ever in Atlanta. I was in awe when I walked up those stairs and saw the track and have been hooked ever since! One thing that I need to do with ALL of my scrapbooks, is take time to add the journaling before I forget everything. Life is just passing me by too quick these days!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you missed it, here is a sweet little card I made for the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party last weekend. You have until 2/25 to complete all 10 challenges so there is still plenty of time for you to get in on the fun! Check it out once you have completed this hop! For details about this card, click here.

Thanks for taking a pit stop by my blog today. Hope you were inspired to attend at least one race in your lifetime...just to say you did! You too can be a "Sprint Cup Champion"!!! I have blog candy for 1 sweet follower. Check back here on Wednesday to see if you are a winner!!!
Happy Friday everyone ~ Have  a great weekend!!
Congratulations to Karen Clark ~ Winner of the Blog Candy! Please email you mailing info to msmith38652@gmail.com




10 comments:

  1. Everything is so fun Michele!! Makes me want to start watching the races! LOL! New follower too. Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome scrapbook!! You have lots of great souvenirs and pictures!! How fun!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. What an awesome post Michele!!
    You have out done us all.. :)
    Fantastic album too btw!! Its giving me ideas!! I am already a follower and love checking back here when I get the chance..
    Thanks for sharing all your pages, card and the rest.. WOW!!
    Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job of documentation!!! You are so right about that journaling!! Do it NOW!! I'm in love with the Vroom Vroom card!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your album, We love Nascar too. Thanks for sharing, got some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that your blog has the most NASCAR bling. Love your album. I have done one for hubby from his first race at Sears point. He went another time and I still have those to scrap.

    Love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great book, I really like how you have all the original memorabilia in it, no need for the fancy embellishments, that's not what it's about, it's about the memories!

    lizabratt@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lots of detail to your LOs. Almost as if i was there too. Great job. Thanks for sharing. Have been following for awhile!

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your scrapbook!!! I should do this for the races we've been to. Enjoyed being in the hop with you! I'm a new follower.

    ~Ashley
    proudusmcwife@gmail.com
    http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous post. I'm a new follower..
    modpodgestickyfingers.blogspot.com
    Wonderful layouts!
    Qadirah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Craftaholics R Us Challenge #28

Challenge #28 ~ Beach The beach IS my happy place so I was more than willing to be a guest designer for this week's challenge!...