December 21, 2012

Welcome Winter Blog Hop ~


Hi! Thanks for stopping in today! Hopefully, you have on your warm comfies, bunny slippers and hot cocoa in hand! Our hostess, Ashley, aka The Blog Hop Princess, has assembled an awesome group of ladies to welcome in the new season and is offering BLOG CANDY as well so be sure and start at the beginning!
We don't get much snow here in Mississippi but last year we had just enough to make everyone go crazy! I had to share the pic of the 1st snowman that my husband and I created! This was only my 2nd snowman ever so I haven't had much practice lol!
I chose to use the Cricut Sesame Street Seasons cartridge today. It started out as a great idea!
 Do you see all of those little teeny tiny bits of paper? Yeah, those are supposed to somehow end up on the black base. Ok, I was still having creative fun at this point.
 In the above image, do you see the itty bitty square in the upper left corner of the book? That was the finished product that I had to go by. There was no way I could see where all these bits and pieces went. But I didn't let it discourage me! The big pieces were a cinch but with each little one I added, my enthusiasm began to diminish. LOL
 I began to improvise because I had come too far to turn back now! I used a Martha Stewart box, sentiment I created in Word, Puff Paint and liquid pearls.
This is Plan B using an adorable bottle cap from Images by Elizabeth Pastore

I know you will be super inspired once you have seen everyone's projects today so I have some Winter Goodies ready to ship out!
 
Simply leave a comment on this post and I will announce the winner on Christmas Day right here! New followers are always welcome! Come back to see me on 12/30/12! I will be hosting my very 1st hop and there will be an amazing prize package up for grabs. Now it's time to head on over to Gaby - http://www.gabyspapery.blogspot.com for more winter fun! ~~ Hope you have a crafty day ~~
WINNER WINNER WINNER: Merry Christmas to #15 Miriam ! Please email your address to msmith38652@gmail.com and I will get your package right out! 

20 comments:

  1. Oooo my...that was a lot of little pieces. What perserverance! I am glad you didn't give up! Your final products are awesome.

    Happy Winter,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your boxes are adorable!!!!!

    I made a card with a robot from the Robotz Cricut cartridge and went through the very same frustration. In fact I think there were a few small pieces that I left out 'cause I couldn't figure out were they went, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Final project...adorable! Thanks for sharing your frustrations too, it makes me feel like maybe i'm not the only one. A hop becomes more inspiring if i find a new friend. Thanks for being a part of this hop

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Seasame cartridges, but must agree with you that it is a real challenge to piece together, but well worth it! Both of your projects turned out super cute. TFS and for the chance to win! Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both projects! really love the card and that border will be lifting that one, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both boxes are absolutely adorable!! I love the snow balls...how creative!! I can't believe all the small pieces...but the end result is fabulous!! You did an awesome job on both!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I know what you go thru. I have Mickeys and it is tha same with so many pieces. It turned out really cute. Like your idea.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects!!! LOVE your Mississippi snowman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats alot of peices!! But it turned out very pretty!!!

    im now a follower
    tabethawatson86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. In case you need it in the future, here is a link to all the booklets so you can blow up the images: http://jillienedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/links-to-cricut-handbooks.html
    Great improvising job, love both boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Michele for trying!!! You got WAY farther than I would have! I love those images, but the tiny pieces of paper...no fun. Your second attempt is awesome too!

    Happy Holidays!
    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    ScrapThisSaveThat.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great projects! Thanks for the chance to win the extra blog candy, too. It's beautiful stuff!

    tiggeria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I know how you feel on that Abby cut! I tried that once too! Yours turned out much better than mine! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I saw your link and your picture using your light box on FB. I'd love more info on how to get one of those! I also blog. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me as well!

    La-Vie
    http://www.cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...