November 17, 2012

OWH Valentine Challenge

In honor of Veteran's Day, Operation Write Home presented a challenge to create a Red, White and Blue Valentine. Do you know how hard it is not to use pink? lol  This is the beautiful card Sandy created
I used the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge for the 2-1/5" sentiment. All other supplies are from my stash.
ok, so #1 priority for me this next week is to learn how to use my camera! I'm a firm believer that good photography is the key to a successful blog and showcasing your projects. Any hints or helpful websites would be most appreciated. 2nd priority to to sharpen my punches. Those edges are just not acceptable.  lol (yes, I am my own worst critic!) Have a crafty day everyone!! 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love the star ribbon!! What a fabulous card! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun ribbon - and I love the layers!

    (And there's a cricket madly waving at me while I type - ROFL!)

    I know what you mean about good photos. I actually do a little color correction of mine in Photoshop so I can get white whites, that makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, just to let you know I don't even see the edges you talk about. We have to stop being our worst critics, lol.
    I totally think the same way about the photos. I changed my light bulbs to "day light" and that helped a lot when taking my pictures at night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...