Operation Write Home - Sketch Challenge

OWH has tons of sketches for inspiration when you just can't decide which way to begin. I love how they include the measurements!! This week's challenge sketch is #146 ~ What would YOU do with it??
I love seeing different ideas using the same sketch or technique. There are 40 entries already submitted which you can see here. Below are a couple of designs from Katie using the same sketch. 

This is my take on it! The sentiment from Fiskars Lasting Love Quotes set is stamped with Hampton Art Studio G Pigment Ink - Red. Did you know that pigment ink provides better coverage but takes much longer to dry than dye inks? I knew this but thought I had waited long enough, ended up with a big ole thumbprint on it so I improvised and added pink shading to mask my mistake! The banner paper is The Paper Studio - Four Seasons and I used The Paper Studio square punch to create the "flag" on the end. The rose was a gift from my son (now 22) when he was about 5. Another one of my treasures :-)
The heart brads are by Colorbok. How many times have you added a row of brads, etc. only to realize they were crooked??? I found this amazing ruler at Wal-Mart that makes it perfect every time! Line up the Zero at the center of your project and check the left and right to be sure they match up on the same #! How smart is that?? So many uses for this little jewel. 
 There are also holes in the middle of the ruler that you can pierce through.
 I get so tickled at Sandy, president of OWH. She has a live webcast every Thursday and creates a card with random papers. She uses foam tape sometimes and calls it "my precious". I still haven't figured out where that name came from but I always picture that little guy on Lord of the Rings. Anywhoooo, if you have never seen any of her work, you can view all videos on YouTube by clicking here. Be sure to "subscribe" while you are there. I have learned sooooo much and she makes it look so easy! Ok back to the tape, I think I have chosen the correct thickness for use with OWH cards. We can't use thick pop dots or anything that makes the card too bulky otherwise, it's a real headache for our soldiers to get them mailed. 
 Yep, looks like it's time for a new blade on my paper trimmer. The edges look a little ragged. 
I hope you will take time to link up your project too! Would love to see what you would create with it! ~ Have a crafty day everyone ~ 

Comments

  1. Awesome cards. Love the blue one. Great take on the sketch.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! I love how you created the flag on the end!! The sentiment is so awesome!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Michelle! Love the sentiment you chose and the classic color combo! Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that ruler and still my brads look crooked. A trick I use when my paper looks ragged it to use my scissors to trim them off. Sometimes I can get by with gently running the teo blade half open along the adge. Great card...loved reading your post. tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review