Pages

November 28, 2012

Card Stitch Blog Hop ~

Hey everyone! Welcome to another installment of "this is a first for me"! Our lovely hostess Ashley aka The Blog Hop Princess has challenged us once again to create a card using any kind of stitching whether it be faux, machine or stitched by hand. 
I was so excited because I have owned a sewing machine for 10 years or more and it MAY have 2 hours of run time on it. 1 of which was acquired by my husband who had to hem his own pants! (I sewww love that man!) Anyhoo, picked up some really cool colors of thread, rushed home to get started and guess what......I can't find the little pink box that contains my supplies along with my bobbins. Ok, don't fret I say...let's go on to plan B. 
My beautiful and talented mother owned The Status Thimble needlework shop for 11 or so years so I grew up around the hand made crafts. I figured with that experience....this will be a piece of cake!  Using the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool and Hearts attachment, I drew a line on white cardstock. You have to apply a good bit of pressure to get a nice piercing. You can tell my 1st attempt (at the bottom) is barely visible. I stitched the hearts using 6 strands of DMC #321 red floss and trimmed it to fit my card. I then colored the background with Spectrum Noir GB5 to give it a little shading.
 Twine would work great for this too! 
The adorable little image is from Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps and colored with Spectrum Noir markers. (Dearie Dolls also has a girl image to match this one) I used Spellbinders Label One dies and a little bit of Ranger Stickles on the falling hearts. The red brads are from my stash.
Oh my gosh...I did it again! The first time I have used faux stitching! Seems like I did some practicing a long while back but can't remember lol. I was nervous that I was going to really mess it up but figured you have to start SOMEtime or it will never happen! It's not perfect but hey....I did it! Yay me! I have seen faux stitching on lots of Ashley's projects and I think it's so very cute! 
Thanks for stopping by and hopping with us today! The Blog Hop Princess is giving away a $20.00 gift card to Joann's or Michael's (winner's choice) but you need to visit each blog and leave a comment to be entered to win! 

Ashley - http://thebloghopprincess.blogspot.com <----------------HOSTESS
Michele ~ http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/ <-------------- YOU ARE HERE
Rebecca- http://blog.scrapprincess.com <--------------------- YOUR NEXT STOP
'Tis the season to be thankful for our many blessings and the time for sharing! I have little surprise package ready to go for one lucky participant! Let's see....tell me what technique you have seen and put on your to-do list....but have yet to try???  Come back here....right here....on December 1st to see if you are a winner! Have a great and crafty day ~~~ 
Thanks to each and every one of you for stopping in and leaving such sweet comments! A big hug going out to my new followers! And the winner is #14 ~ Cathy!!!   Please send your address to msmith38652@gmail.com
~ Merry Christmas everyone ~


21 comments:

  1. Very cute card! bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I haven't tried stitching with floss or hand drawn stitching. Putting both on my to do list.

    Melissa
    iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com
    scraplady202@gmail.com


    P.S. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, I just love the little image you used and your instructions on how to use the sew easy set. I picked this up a couple of months ago...one of things you must have and there it sits still in the bag I purchased it in. So this is on my must use list for this week, thanks for showing me that it is not as hard as it looks LOL!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. I was going to go with the sew easy but its mot so easy for me. I love the hearts and will have to look for this one. I think I can get away with it not lining up.LOL =) TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card..i've done some stitching on cards, but of course, they are not where i am. You did a great job...never saw the roller before. Thanks for sharing.

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that tool you used. I so want one now, never seen one before. Beautiful card and I love the image you used. So adorable. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Michele!! I love the look of the sew easy hearts!! I've wanted to try them for a long time...your gorgeous project just makes me want them more!! The image is absolutely adorable!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card.. i think i'd have to say using the sew easy.. i have one and really haven't ever used it.. great job tfs and the chance to win.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card Michele! Great job on both stitching. I love the sew easy hearts... super cute!TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. I love that you didn't use your Sew Easy directly on your project, that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my..how cute!!! Love the hearts and the image! Happy to be a new follower!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your card! I REALLY like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stitching and your digi,
    cathyplus5,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw a Christmas tree made of paper cones, I have to try!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card, they heart sticking is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not one for stitching but you did a good job. I love those digi stamps too and I just got my markers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this card. The heart stitching is awesome. I have a Sew Easy and it's not easy at all. Thank you so much for being a part of this hop.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your card, I might have to try the heart pattern I don't have that one, it looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card. I have the sew easy and have yet to get it to poke through something and it just keeps dulling the points. :( Your hearts look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards.....very nice & beautiful work. Have a good week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, nice website you acquire here! Accrue up the able work!
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)