October 31, 2012

Triple Stamp Card Hop ~


So glad you took the time to hop in today! This is another 1st for me....creating a triple stamp card! I have seen so many gorgeous cards but have never been willing to try it until now. You can find a great tutorial here....   Our awesome hostess Ashley has Blog Candy up for grabs so be sure and visit her blog to see how you can be entered to win! If you arrived from Ashley W. then you are in the right place.
This is the 1st card I created. I was proud that I completed it but wasn't really happy with the quality of the stamped image.   
So, on to card #2. I adhered the 3 layers to be stamped with removable glue dots. 

 With a piece of scratch paper under the layers, I stamped my image.
 I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.
 I took the layers apart, leaving the glue dots on, and cut my matting layers.
 Be sure you have the layers in the right direction when you put them all together! 
 And here is my 2nd finished card.
For my 3rd card (practice makes perfect right?), I adhered the layers and covered the bottom portion with copy paper I used blue ink to create the sky and using the background snowflake stamp, I heat embossed the snowflakes with white glitter embossing powder.
 The heat sort of bent the paper a bit but I put a paper pad over it and the layers settled down nicely. 
I triple stamped the tree image and added glitter paper for the snow. This is still a work in progress. Need to add the sentiment and a ribbon or something at the top....maybe some pearl pen ornaments or birds on the trees. I wasn't happy with the placement of the trees so it got put to the side. How many projects do YOU have on your sidebar??? lol I will eventually get my mojo back and have a brilliant idea with which to finish it. Don't worry....it's not alone....there are many other "works in progress" to keep it company.
Sending a big THANK YOU to our hostess Ashley for pushing me yet again to try something new!! 

I hope you gained a little inspiration while hopping with us today! 
I will be giving away BLOG CANDY to 1 lucky Trick or Treater....it IS Halloween after all (and I won't even ask you to smell my feet - just become a follower if you aren't already)!!! 
Drawing will be held on Saturday 11/3/12 and posted right here in this very spot. 
~~~~~ Have a great day and a super safe Halloween everyone ~~~~~
WINNER ~ WINNER ~ WINNER
With the tragedy in the northeast, I feel so super blessed at this point in my life therefore I have chosen TWO winners today. I asked my husband to pick 2 numbers between 1 and 22. He said 8 and 13 (which is our anniversary date...isn't he sweet?)
Congratulations to Lori and Pamela!!! Please email your address to msmith38652@gmail.com
Thanks to everyone that stopped by and became followers. So thankful for you as well!! 

23 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I especially like the snowmen card (because I love snowmen) and this is is a very fun way to include them on a card. Diana Tuttle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards. Great Picture Tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trick or treat! What beautiful cards! I am a follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beauitful cards thanks for tutorial

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've progressed. Each card is prettier than the last! I just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all 3 cards are great!! I especially love the snowmen one :-)

    Thank you showing your step by step process! I may have to try and make one of these cards.

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all of your cards! They all turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your cards - so pretty!

    I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are gorgeous!! I especially love the snowman...it looks fabulous!! You did a fabulous job on all of them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Thanks for the picture tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are great!! Love it all

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked how you showed (from your own craft area) how to do this very addictive technique - bravo!! Your cards were wonderful and each one used a different extra idea to make them real treasures!

    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    Already a follower and look forward to your future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Beautiful. i have just used twine as my embellishment..think i'll have to use flowers, they look to elegant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your cards! I like how you showed how you made them! I just became a follower. nclights7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle -I think your cards are lovely! What a great job and thanks for showing us your steps in creating the card as well - I am a follower and I would love to win your blog candy and thanks for not asking us to smell your feet! LOL that was cute! Have a great week! utb01@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the cards. The snowmen card is my favorite. Very cool for winter. Thank you so much for being a part of the hop.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE your Christmas card!!! Great job! I'm a new follower. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ~Ashley
    proudusmcwife@gmail.com
    http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love it, I am going to try this next week when it quiets down a little here! thanks for the inspiration.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards! I like how you showed your progress and all the little tricks you learned along the way! Great hopping with you!

    Janea
    Recollection Alley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, all these ladies, (Like me) WHo haven't done a triple layered card. You did an amazing job on your cards and I really like them! Thank you for sharing on this fun new hop! jellybeankahler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE your cards. I have always wanted to create a stamped/layered card. Now I'm just gonna have to. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! Isn't this the best trick of the year!! Thanks for sharing your creations with us at S&S! I love the one with the snow and the trees the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...