Pages

September 15, 2012

Cut It Up ~ Anything Goes Challenge


Welcome to the very 1st challenge from Cut It Up!! I was so excited to hear about this site that encourages you to create using your die cut machine. My sweet mother gave me a Cricut Expression for my birthday (9/11) last year. I have used it a lot but I do not consider myself an expert by any means! There are many "hit and misses" because the settings differ depending on what type of material (paper, vinyl, fabric) you are using and how detailed the image is. (I have some "cheat sheets" under the "Good to Know" tab). Cut It Up challenges will give me the inspiration to master my machine!!! LOL
This challenge is "Anything Goes" so you can make anything as long as it has a die cut on it. The challenge is open to anyone and runs from September 7-19. There is a prize up for grabs to all who link up their project and some awesome ideas from the design team which you can see here.

My grandson invited me to have cookies and milk....for breakfast....with his kindergarten class so I started a layout for his scrapbook.
Gavin and his teacher "Miss Penny"
 I think it would be best to use a gel pen instead of a marker to outline. AS you can see the marker ink bled and it's just a mess....or I guess I could say I was going for the "rustic" look lol

Die Cuts Used:
Cricut - My World = 3"school house & 3" tree
Cricut - Plantin Schoolbook = 2" ABC & 3/4" grass
Cricut - Lovely Floral = 2-1/2" frame
Cricut - Block Party = 3/4" dog
Spellbinders - Labels Three & Blossom Two

Other Supplies:
Paper - TPS The Basics & Simplicity, DCWV Harvest Gathering & Latte
Colorbok - Glitsy Arrows
Ranger Stickles - Yellow
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Baby Blue
Peachy Keen Stamp - Everyday Character
Doodlebug Design - Twine
Spectrum Noir Markers - IG6, GB5, BT1, BT2, CG2
Pop Dots, Wooden Skewer (for the pencil),

Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you will join in on the challenges so I can see your ideas too! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next! Happy Crafting

14 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable layout!! I love all of the cuts you used!! The twine around the pencil is such an awesome touch!! And the pictures are so sweet!! I hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout! Love it! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful layout. Love the pencil with twine and all the cute little schoolish images. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. All of the details are perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Cut It Up Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the details that you put into this layout! From the wrapped pencil at the top all the way down to the cute scene along the bottom! Great pictures also! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great layout!! Our youngest just started Kindergarten this year too! So fun!! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up Co-Founder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gavin is a cutie!!!!!!

    love your little schoolhouse scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Love how you made a school scene!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cut It Up Challenges!!

    Jennifer
    http://scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet layout and such precious pictures to scrap!! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute layouts! Love all the detail. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll visit me and follow if you like. Thanks!


    Tara
    www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout, so cute and fun! Thank you for joining us this week at Cut It Up Challenges!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michele, your layout does a great job capturing the day. So cute!
    Thanks for joining us in our first ever challenge at Cut it Up challenge blog. Hope to see you again!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Michele, what a precious LO! great photos & that wrapped pencil is brilliant as an embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)