Pages

September 26, 2012

Center Step Card Blog Hop ~


Hello and welcome to my 1st ever attempt at making a center step card! It only took 3 tries but I think I got it!! If this is new to you too....there's a great picture tutorial here and a video tutorial here.
There is a $20 gift certificate from our hostess up for grabs to Michael's or Joann's (who couldn't use that?) so be sure to comment on all blogs throughout the hop beginning with Ashley!

 Ummm yeah....this is how NOT to do it ~ Had to share my failed attempt
I think I got it this time!
 Ta Daaaaaa!  I left the misplaced embossing powder on there in hopes of creating a magic pixie dust effect but that didn't go as planned lol
 It's not perfect but that gives me a goal to focus on. For best results, I would suggest using a thicker cardstock
The witch and moon are from the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut cartridge and cut at 3".  The polka dot paper is from The Paper Studio Four Seasons, the sentiment is Inkadinkadoo Marker Sketch Halloween stamps, Viva Decor pearl pen, green embossing powder, gems, pop dots and ribbon are from my stash.
Speaking of stash, since Halloween is growing near, I would love to share some of my "treats" with one of my "sweet" followers so be sure to leave a comment. I will choose a winner on Sunday, 9/30/12 and announce it right here in this very spot.   
Thank you to everyone who stopped by and left such sweet comments that made me smile. I'm looking forward to retuning the favor and visiting each of your blogs. Random.Org chose #26 which was Melissa! Please send your mailing address to msmith38652@gmail.com


I appreciate the time you took to stop in today. Your next stop in the hop is Jamie!
If you need to start at the beginning....that would be our wonderful hostess ~ Ashley!
Thanks again Ashley for helping me step outside of my rectangular comfort zone! What's next???


35 comments:

  1. Very cool to have a video tutorial. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Tutorial!I will give it a try!!Super Cute Card!
    Migdalia
    Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I wouldn't have had the guts to show my failed attempt. But kudos to you for mastering the fold and doing such a fabulous job at the Halloween card. It's stunning. Thanks for the link to the tutorial and video. I might need them! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele,
    What do you mean you "THINK" you've got it??? It's AWESOME and the embellishments and design are FAB!! So cute that I pinned it already!
    Thanks for sharing this hop with all of us.
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've mastered this style with a really cute project! TFS!
    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's fabulous and I'm glad you showed us that you're not perfect, just like all of us!! I love Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Halloween card!!

    I am a new follower of your blog and hope that you'll drop by my blog as well.

    Silvia
    http://sillyscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a few failed prototypes too! Your finished card is adorable. Love the cut and colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, you are funny! I never would have admited to my failed attempt, you did an awesome job and I have tryed these before and they are not that easy, thanks for all the links!! This hop is inspiring me to make a center step card!! TFS!!! Oh and I am a new follower here and look forward to checking out the rest of your blog!! TFS!!

    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Card! So Frightfully Good! I can't wait to try one of these Cards. Thanks for Sharing how you made It! I am now following you! It's Fun finding a new Craft Friend to Follow. Thanks so much for the chance to win! :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cad is bewitching! The orange moon really frames out that witch well. Thanks for sharing...you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors and love the witch.

    marg6 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card, I am going to give it a try, I placed the tutorial in my favorites and I am going to give it a try. TFS I already follow your blog. pammejo1@yahoo.com
    http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fab! Love the embossing and the witch is gorgeous. Great work on your first stair step card. Love it!!

    scrapendipity@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love


    Cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great Halloween card!
    <3 Pam
    MzLavr2sCreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic! I love halloween!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a fabulous job for this being your first center step card. Loving that you made a halloween card. Thank you so much for being a part of the hop.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome card. my first try i had several failed attempts. i really love your card. thanks for sharing with us.

    craftingwithblue@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Michelle, Your card is great. Hey don't we all have to start somewhere? I made some of these last month and failed at my first attempt too, so not uncommon. I made an extra for a template, ten I don't have to rethink it all later. LOL tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. great job on your card. it is spooky:)
    New follower here.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card....I bet it would take me more than one try to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a fun card fold and I am eager to try it out. Love your witch flying across the moon and great job with the embossing and bling!
    Happy to be hopping!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that it turned out great. Good job.
    Melissa
    http://justintimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
    New follower here

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your card! TFS
    dmcardmaker (at AOL)
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card the colors are great.
    Linda
    lmkindell1@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the tutorial and I love the "pixie dust"!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your card! Very fun design!
    DeniseB
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did a great job! I like that you shared your fail. I love the images from that cartridge. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL thanks for showing the how not to. I have to admit I've never done a center step card and I'm a little scared to. =) But maybe I'll give it a try. I love the papers and I like your magic pixie. Some times a happy mistake is a good thing. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute card. Thanks for the tutorial. I usually have a few failed attempts when trying something new. You did a great job.
    Peggy,
    pfry@highland.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a very cute card! Thank you for sharing and offering the blog hop! I like looking at the cards created by all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)