August 29, 2012

I Believe There Are Angels Among Us Blog Hop ~




Oh I believe there are angels among us,
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours,
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give,
To guide us with the light of love.

When life held troubled times and had me down on my knees,
There’s always been someone there to come along and comfort me.
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand,
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand.

Click this link to see a military tribute video using the song from Alabama

Today's hop may be the story of our own Guardian Angel who watches over us, the beauty of angels, or just expressing kind words. The craft blogging world is phenomenal as sharing loving thoughts and caring towards others.

We have fabulous sponsors today:

Lucy Kelleher, A Close to My Heart representative, has graciously offered a stamp set called "Angelic Blessings" to one lucky winner that becomes a follower of her blog!

Daisy Collins of I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose, , also has a Zibbet store, , where she designs beautiful papers - has graciously offered to custom design a paper for one very very lucky winner that becomes a follower of her blog!

If you were visiting me today, I appreciate and love you visiting me, but would want you to start at the beginning of the hop not as to miss a single angel with Lynne. If you have arrived from Katie, then you are in the right flight!


My mother and I have never had a "bad" relationship but we weren't extremely close either. We would call each other every so often to catch up. About 3 years ago, she was diagnosed with oral cancer. I had never dealt with this issue and had no idea what to expect. Sparing you all of the details, she suffered some very dark days when she became ill from the radiation and chemotherapy. She told me that during her radiation treatments, she had to take her mind to another place to get through it and she kept repeating "but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles". Although this diagnosis was devastating, my mother and I are closer than ever and call each other 3-4-5-6 times a day. Life is precious and you do not know when your last day on this earth will be. Have faith that there ARE angels among you...even though you may not see them.
This was the day she received her "clean bill of health" certificate. She remains cancer free today.
 K Andrew Designs Stamp
The angel came from Bing Images
I will be adding the dates of diagnosis, treatments, etc. - didn't want to ask her and give away my project idea
Most of the supplies used on the above layout.
 K Andrew Designs Stamp - For more info, please see the Cards for Operation Write Home post.
Blog candy for one of my sweet followers ~ Winner will be announced on this post Friday 8/31/12. RANDOM # CHOSE #2 ~CONGRATULATIONS TO KATIE 
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ADDRESS TO ME AT MSMITH38652@GMAIL.COM 
~~~ Sending prayers up for everyone on the Gulf Coast and hoping they too have Angels watching over them. Thank you so much for stopping by ~~~
Your last but not least stop along the way today is Jearise.

Here is the complete line-up of the angels in the blog hop just in case you get off the chosen path!!!
Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Kimberly ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/
Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com
Tami - http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com/
Janet - http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
Katie ~ http://ktsangels.blogspot.com/
Michele ~ http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/
Jearise ~ http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful inspiration of not only hope but of love!!! God Bless you and your mother! Your projects are beautiful and thank you ever sew much for participating in this hop with me and sharing your inspiration!
    Much love, hugs, and pixie dust
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a wonderful post...this story truly touched my heart...congrats to you and your mom for growing a wonderful friendship...thanks for sharing...oh I am so happy for you and your family that she has a clean bill of health, she must be a fighter!!! keep the faith...KtsAngels@cableone.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the Spellbinders die - one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. I love Spellbinders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, your L/O is very special, What a great gift from something so awful. It is so special that she was saved from such a horrid disease. I hope you get many more years and many more conversations with her. tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such precious news hearing mom is cancer free. such a blessing in itself. i love your lo it is so comforting. thanks for sharing. huggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and story. I'm so glad you are so close to your mom now. Isn't it funny on how sometimes something bad has to happen to make us realize the good things we have. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Craftaholics R Us Challenge #28

Challenge #28 ~ Beach The beach IS my happy place so I was more than willing to be a guest designer for this week's challenge!...