July 3, 2012

Celebrate Freedom Blog Hop Day 2/2

Welcome back for day 2 of this hop full of amazingly talented ladies! Since yesterday's post was a bit lengthy, I decided to spare you today and go for short and sweet!

Cricut Stand and Salute cartridge - cut at 4" using the Notecard feature key
 White cardstock edges inked with Stampabilities Cherry Red
I am not too proud to post my mistakes....even when I adhere the card upside down. Just goes to show I am human! Hope you can laugh at your mistakes as well :-)
Pierced random holes, added brads and the USA sticker. Love this piercing mat by the way...another great product!
Yes I know this angle is just horrible but I feel as though I am neglecting my oh so sweet hubby so I am trying to finish up here lol.
I took a piece of white carstock, folded in half and adhered with the repositionable tape to my Spellbinders die. I have wanted to try this for a while now and waa laaa! Worked just like it was supposed to! 

I used the USA die cuts shown in yesterday's post along with the vinyl sparkler. Of course, I added glitter glue to both!
 My 22 year old son, Staff Sergeant Coggins ~ So very proud of him
Thanks again for stopping by! If you missed yesterday's post, be sure and check it out!  Hope you have a safe and Happy Independence Day!!!

Here is the lineup ~ your next stop will be Maria ~

Jamie - http://www.jamielindstromdesigns.com/
Pam - http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

  1. My sweet friend... so cute. hahahahaha i make mistakes like that all of the time hee hee! Your card and treat bag is so cute. And WOW, way to be proud of your son, I thank him for fighting for our freedom. Bless you and your family.
    {love love}
    scrappin madge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've never noticed the note card feature on Stand and Salute! TFS!!!! Love the treat bags too...making some of those today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big Thank You to your son for serving and protecting our great country. Cute card, love the glitter. :)

    lflinesatcomcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. Super cute treats. I love that you put a picture of how you did it on your blog. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome projects! I did the same thing last night when making a card. LOL Please thank your son for his service. It isn't easy being away from family. I know I had a Coastie! Have a great Independence Day!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and the photo at the end. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love it if you'd pop over to my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges, and play this week. The challenge is to make a project for someone who's left footprints on your life. I think this is perfect for that. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous projects Michele, I'm so CASEing your nesties topper, that is a neat idea! great job!!
    God Bless your Son!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING your card, Michele ... WITH the mistake! I am so there with the "we're all human" remark. Whenever my daughter and I craft together and she gets harshly critical of herself, I tell her that the little errors are what make us remember the difference between handmade and machine-made. And your topper -- that's clever to fold the paper first. Duhhhh, I usually just cut it whole and then score the cut to fold. I like your way MUCH better. CUTE!

    OH, and I was just dropping by to let you know that you won my blog candy, the last edition of SCRAPBOOKS ETC. (August 2012). Could you please e-mail me your postal address and I'll get it out to you right after the holiday? SMOOCHES!! and Congratulations!

    Thank you for your son's service to our country -- you must be so very proud. May God keep him well and give him strength and fortitude.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mess up all the time, and sometimes when I'm recording a video. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank you for the great pictures and description of your cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and great candy bag. Very cool with the spellbinders.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your projects are fantastic, love them both!!
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your projects and a BIG thanks to your son! I wanted to let you know I am starting a new challenge blog in a few weeks & would love for you to stop by and check it out! Hope to see you there!

    Hugs from the Island ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work on the card. Love your candy bag. :)

    gynecologist west palm beach

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great projects.. even with the mistake... i am going to have to try that spell binders trick... thanks for stopping by my blog. i am a new follower of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for stopping by my blog love the projects very cute TFS!
    melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do such beautiful work! I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, another fellow Cricuteer..LOL.. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I have been browsing yours and it is AWESOME, you are very talented!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the projects!! :) Thanks for sharing the new about the challenge blog! Good luck with the giveaway and we can't wait to see your creations!
    Cut It Up Challenge Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Challenge #32 ~ Ocean Life

Hello and welcome to challenge #32 showcasing ocean life! For this card, I used the adorable Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fa...