The ABC's of Scrapbooking Blog Hop ~ Day 1



Welcome to the ABC's of Scrapbooking Blog Hop . . . what a wonderful way to show our love of scrapbooking! Today we are expressing our love to showing off our memories!!!! Hop along with us and see all the wonderful layouts these talented women are displaying.
We have great blog candy to one lucky winner- $20 in free files over at http://scrappingwithlisadesigns.com. All you have to do is follow my blog, the design team blog at http://scrappingwithlisadesignsdt.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment on all blogs. This shouldn't take long to do as we only have five incredibly talented ladies participating.
If you have just stopped for a visit today -- welcome and glad you came but I wouldn't want you to miss a single layout along the way so start at the beginning with Lisa at Scrapping With Lisa. If you arrived from Lisa W., then you are following the ABC's of Scrapbooking.

The Lineup:

I often enter my craft room with good intentions of productivity. I look around at all the buttons, ribbons, and paper oh my.....I get overrun with ideas, can't decide which one to work on so I turn around slowly, turn the light off and run to the couch hoping nobody will notice. Given the theme of this hop, I concluded it would be the perfect opportunity to make a list of items and techniques I have seen on my friends blogs but have yet to try. This time, when I enter my room with no plan, I can go to the next letter on my list and narrow down the choices! My next list will be for manufacturers. Using their stamps, images, papers, etc. This way, I can rest assured that everything I have purchased will eventually get used! No stone left un-turned so to speak! 
Completed
A Action Wobbles, Acrylic Paint, Alum Foil 5/20/2012
B Buttons, Bleach, Brayer, Brads
C Cricut, Chalk, Cubes, Copics, Crackle
D Distress Ink, Dies, Digi Images
E Embossing Powder/Folder, Envelopes, Eyelets
F Folds, Fibers, Fabric, Feathers, Flowers, Felt
G Glitter, Gluber, Gelatos, Gesso
H Heritage, Hangers, Hearts, Hinges, Hops
I Ink (watermark, pigment, dye)
J Jar, Journaling, Jewelry, Jars
K Kraft paper
L Lace, Leaves, Light Box, Liquid Glass
M Modge Podge, Metal
N Nature, Needlecraft, Netting, Newspapers
O Operation Write Home, Origami
P Pearls, Punches, Paper Piecing, Pop Dots, Pipe Cleaners
Q Quads, Quilling, Quilts, Quotes
R Ribbon, Raffia
S Sequins, Stamps, Stencils, Sewing Machine, Slide Mounts
T Textures, Twine, Trimmers, Tulle, Tubes
U USA, Useful, Unique
V Vintage, Vellum, Vinyl
W Walter colors, Windows
X X-treme
Y Yourself, Yarn, Yin/Yang, Yule
Z Zipper, Zig Zag, Zodiac, Zoo, Zen
Today my project is a layout using the letter A. I rarely create anything for or about me and I wanted to share some of life's most precious lessons with my children, grandchildren, etc. I started my 1st mini album using the Tim Holtz grungeboard. As you know, it only comes in gray so I used Acrylic Paint to liven it up a bit. I also painted the chipboard letters and added dots with a gel pen. Of course, I had to try the Action Wobble on the Snoopy image! I was amazed at how simple it was to use! Don't be surprised if my next 10 projects don't include wobbles!!!
The album cover using Spellbinders dies, Offray ribbon and The Paper Studio flowers
 Inside front cover and 1st lesson
Border: The Paper Studio Simplicity
Pop dot used on the silhouette image
 Action Wobble used on Snoopy image
DCWV Glitter Cardstock, Hero Arts Pool Layering papers
 Snoopy gettin' his groove on
 Close up of the attached Action Wobble
I hope I have inspired you today to try new things! You never know what your next addiction will be! LOL I have a surprise package signed and sealed...just waitin' to be delivered to 1 lucky follower so be sure and stop back by Tuesday for another chance to enter! I will randomly choose a winner on Friday.



I thank you for stopping by to check out my project and must send you on your way to Linda. Please come back soon for more great projects using the ABCs of Scrapbooking!

Comments

  1. Beautiful layout!!!!!I love the snoopy.Glad to be in this hop with you.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dance pages. thanks for sharing. pmlemaria@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the check off list..brilliance. And it makes me happy to see Snoopy up and about:)
    Happy Hoppin
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Love your work.. Love the colors and I am a NEw follower.. I will be stopping by more often to see your creations ... Great Job and I love the dancing snoopy! You are sure crafty!!! Great Job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome ABC list and a great show off of projects using them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Alphabet list idea may just have to borrow it! Your album looks awesome Lots of funn embelishment!
    Big Blog hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful layout!! I love the colors and the pictures are fabulous!! So awesome :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout! You did a great job! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet friend. Love the idea of the ABC list! i must try it. plus your mini album is so fun, love the snoopy action wobble. so fun! I am so thrilled that you did this hop I have learned a lot hopping through all of these amazing gals blogs! keep it up:)
    {love love}
    Scrappin Madge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it's really nice...Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
    Scrapbooking Stores

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review