May 9, 2012

Gettin' Scrap Happy with Spellbinders

Got scraps? I have plenty and save even the itty bittiest pieces of paper because "I can use that for something....one day" lol. I thought I would share a little routine that I have gotten into. I rise and shine at 4 am. Work isn't until 8 so I have plenty of time to get things done. Now that I have my Spellbinders dies neatly organized as shown in the "Organize this Mess" post, I can see at a glance what sizes I have. My scraps are filed by color and I have one file for patterned paper. I lay several dies on the Spellbinder base plate and trim the scraps to fit the shape. Run it through, emboss and Wha laaa! These really save time in the long run when I get ready to make a card or scrapbook layout! If you want more detail, you can use the Cuttlebug embossing folders with the Spellbinder as well but you will need the Raspberry Spacer Plate.

 I hope this little tip will help rid you of those little scraps for a more organized craft space.

 I use these handy shelves to organize my cut outs and the scraps are stored in the drawer below.
 That little pink eyelet setter is an awesome tool for getting the excess paper out of the dies!!
 Another useful tip is using an anti-static pad. I rub it across all of the plates to minimize static.
 Yikes! The angle of this picture makes me kind of dizzy! Must work on that lol


Now, if I can just figure out what to do with the scrap scraps!! Shame to throw them away but alas, I suppose I should learn to let go...................... Maybe I will just put them in a clear jar and enjoy the colors!
Please join me on May 24th for the "Fast Food Take-out Blogaversary" hop! It's going to be great fun and I will be giving away a Cricut Imagine cartridge!! Happy Crafting everyone!! Have a wonderful Wednesday ~~~

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post... I am like you, I keep every bit of paper. Just can't seem to throw them out, because I just know I will be able to use them someday lol. You could use your scrap scraps for confetti hehe.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pay shipping if you would go through each stack and sent me 2 of each!!
    I love them and love your system!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Robin! By New Year's Eve, I should have plenty!!! Penny, I would be glad to send you some. Any particular colors? Email me at msmith38652@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Craftaholics R Us Challenge #28

Challenge #28 ~ Beach The beach IS my happy place so I was more than willing to be a guest designer for this week's challenge!...