Pages

May 24, 2012

Fast Food Take-Out Blogaversary Blog Hop

Would you believe that it has actually been a whole year that Lynne has been blogging, creating projects and hosting blog hops, Oh MY!!! She is so thankful for her friends and their help and especially thanks Kari Sanchez for giving her the nod and convincing her that she could do this!!!!
We are having a special hop for you today as fast food take out with special sides and some are even "biggie" sized!!! There are a lot of talented ladies participated in our hop and would love for you to stop, comment and give some bloggie love as we some wonderful toy prizes for those that do in a special package!!!
Now, let's go through this drive-through of projects - the complete hop list is below complete with the directions you need to take in case you get lost along the way as we know how those birds love to eat the bread crumbs from those stale buns!

  1. Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  2. Tami - http://www.tamboscreations.blogspot.com/
  3. Janet - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
  4. Kimberly ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/  
  5. Anita~ http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
  6. Michele ~ http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/     <----YOU ARE HERE
  7. Pamela ~ http://kraftykatstampstudio.blogspot.com
  8. Jearise- http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
  9. Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/


I know the theme of this hop is fast food but as I was trying to come up with something clever, the following idea kept weighing on my heart so my apologies for being off topic.
My mother often offers suggestions for my next project. Something she saw on television or read in a magazine. She is always encouraging me to do what I love and I really appreciate her ideas! She recently told me about a book titled:

The God Box by Mary Lou Quinlan

When Mary Lou Quinlan’s beloved mother, Mary Finlayson, dies, her family is left bereft—until Quinlan finds her mother’s “God Box,” or rather, boxes. These simple containers are stuffed with tiny notes written by Mary, asking and praying for everything from the right flooring for her daughter’s new home to a cure for her own blood cancer. Mary’s petitions are presented with love and without expectation. Note by note, Quinlan unearths insights into her mother’s compassion, faith, and perseverance, and revelations of her innermost thoughts—nostalgic, surprising, and even a bit shocking. And through the journey, the author discovers her own more empathetic, more engaged self—the woman her mother had believed in all along.


The God Box ~ click the link below to see an inspiring video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TDGGWTjI0FM#!



I have been through many trials in my life but I have many blessings to be thankful for as well. For my project today, I made my wonderful mother her very own God Box for she too, has had many trials and tribulations lately.




My awesome hubby picked up this 12 x 24 Cricut mat and paper for me so I was able to make a nice sized box using the "fit to page" feature.
 Using my handy bone tool, I folded the paper on the score lines to form the box.
 Unfortunately, the 12 x 24 cardstock is very weak so I taped the floor of the box for stability then added a thicker cardstock which you will see in the next pic.
 I experimented using 2 12 x 12 sheets of thicker paper. It worked pretty well since I just needed bits and pieces for the interior of the box.
 Only a Cricut user can feel my pain as I removed the paper from the brand new mat. OMG it was stuck like bees on honey!!
 It was about this time that my ATG gun ran out of tape. No worries, I have double sided tape in my regular tape dispenser. Yep, I had about 2" worth. Oh me oh my......
So anyway, I needed something to create a "window" on the top of the box. Low and behold, I had just thrown away the container that my ScorPal came in. I hastily went to the trash to retrieve the jewel!
 I added pop dots for dimension because I later added pearls and stickles to the stamped image.
 Some of the supplies I used for this awesome project!

 Once the side flaps are folded in, this is on the top of the outer flap.
 The top of the box. You can't see the shimmer of the stickles but it's there :-)





 I took the liberty of adding the 1st note.
I am including different sizes of note cards with the box. Remember all those scraps we used up a couple of weeks ago with the Spellbinders? Having these on hand saved me a lot of time tonight!!
Mom, I know you will be reading this soon and I want to thank YOU.... for never giving up during your treatments! You were a trooper and I am so very grateful to still have you in my life. I love you xoxoxo


As promised, I have blog candy for one of my sweet followers.......

1 of these 2 cartridges or a surprise box...your choice! I will randomly choose a winner and announce it on Saturday.

I'm so glad you stopped by to check out my latest recipe, no tip is necessary but please leave a message for the establishment. Your next stop through the drive through window is Pamela. Hop on over and see what she is serving!

Hugs, Love and thank you for helping us celebrate Lynne's blogaversary!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you ever sew much Michele for your wonderful inspiration from your mother! I love this box and please, add my name to the list of survivors of 1 year now! It is truly always a pleasure having you participate in my hops and hopping along with you!!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project and a wonderful gift for your Mom. I know she will treasure it always. tThank you for the inspiting story and the great instructions!
    Many Blessings to you and your Mom
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love this box and what a neat idea!! definitely going to check it out...and I am always looking for stuff like this...TFS and what a blessing you have given to your mom and vice versa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh me, oh my!!!

    this is an awesome project and very creative. What a wonderful and inspiring idea. I just love it.

    Enjoyed hopping with you !
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your project .~ ! How very Creative ! I bet your mom also loves it . Thank~you for sharing my crafty friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your box...it's beautiful ! I also like to use the 12 x 24 cardstock with the TBB&M cartridge. It's the only way to make the boxes as big as I want them. Thanks for sharing yours and for sharing about your mom. I hope she'll be with you for many years to come !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my heck, This is sooo precious! I love the details and the sayings! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your box! I love the idea, I am going to look into that book! I think this is great! TFS!
    {love love}
    Scrappinmadge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele, What a great idea! I love the box and how it turned out. I felt your pain on the mat and running out of things when you need them! Oh my. My best friend is a cancer survivor too. She would love a gift like this. It was very hard to watch her go through the whole ordeal. I did what I could for her, but still felt helpless at times, so just kept making her cards of encouragement. She has a whole wall of them on ribbons, still after her 2 year anniversary last week. Many hugs for you and your mom. tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)