The ABC's of Scrapbooking Blog Hop - Day 2

Welcome to the ABC's of Scrapbooking Blog Hop . . . what a wonderful way to show our love of scrapbooking! Today we are expressing our love to showing off our memories!!!! Well hop along with us and see all the wonderful layouts these talented women are displaying. 
We have great blog candy to one lucky winner- $20 in free files over at http://scrappingwithlisadesigns.com. All you have to do is follow my blog, the design team blog at http://scrappingwithlisadesignsdt.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment on all blogs. This shouldn't take long to do as we only have four incredibly talented ladies participating.
 If you have just stopped for a visit today -- welcome and glad you came but I wouldn't want you to miss a single layout along the way and would want you to start at the beginning with Lisa at Scrapping With Lisa (http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/). If you arrived from Lisa W.~ http://mycraftyspaces.blogspot.com then you are following the ABC's of Scrapbooking.
The Lineup:
My project today WAS going to be the letter "B". If you hopped along with me yesterday, you will know what I mean. I found a 99 cent plastic spray bottle and filled it 1/2 way with Bleach. It was on my "list" of things to experiment with.....and I did. lol The 1st time, I simply sprayed the bleach on the paper. Wow....does that stuff dry fast! As you can see, I think I sprayed a little too much! With the second attempt, I used a stencil and a paint brush. After looking over both pages, I tossed them aside because I wasn't gettin' any creative vibes from THIS! (maybe it was the bleach fumes....) Sometimes, it just takes a lot of practice to perfect something...right?? We will try that again at a later date.

Since that failed miserably and it is way past my bedtime, I thought I would share a few random "layouts in progress". I have a bazillion and ten photographs so I tend to position the main pictures first and fill in the embellishment, journaling, etc. later.






Today marks the 20th anniversary of my father's unexpected passing at age 54. He died on his mother's birthday who passed away several years later. I miss them terribly but I am not saddened because I know God needed more angels to watch over us. My son was only 2 when he died and my biggest regret is that my father didn't get to see what a wonderful person his grandchild turned out to be and my son didn't get the chance to know his grandfather. Take time today to hug those you love, call a friend, forgive and forget. Life is too short and we never know if today will be the last time we see them.



My father was also a soldier. With Memorial Day coming up, I thought it appropriate to share the only military photo I have. He is the 1st one on the left, second row.

I thank you for stopping and checking out my projects. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I have a surprise package ready to go out to 1 lucky follower. I will randomly choose a winner from both days comments on Friday so you have 2 chances to win! I am your last stop in this hop so feel free to head on over to Lisa's store and see what super cute stuff awaits!

Comments

  1. Fabulous stuff! New follower ;0)

    Be blessed, Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower. I think your layouts are great. My fab is the snorkel one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. Thanks for stopping by. New follower here! Can't wait to see what other wonderful creations you come up with!
    Toodles,
    Monica
    Www.monicascreativemadness.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review