Copic vs Spectrum Markers

I have studied and researched Copic markers for months but couldn't justify the expense. I learned through the StampingScrapping yahoo group about Spectrum Noir ~ You can get the whole set for $114.99 with free shipping from StampingScrapping.com! These markers are compatible with Copics as well! Here is a video demonstrating the markers



Here is the comparison review that sold me 



Hey everyone.  Glad my review has inspired some folks to try these out.  One woman, Joan, asked me if they could be used with Copics, as she has already invested in a few of them.  Since I did not know the answer, I did a little test last night.  
Attached is a scan of my test.  Let me say up front though - I am NOT an artist, do not really do much blending if I can avoid it.  I just love to color and always loved the way the Copics just got such a big space colored without leaving those brush marks like a Tombow does (but, in reality, Tombow markers are my all time fav).  But for this test, I stamped a Magnolia image 3 times.  I tried to use as close to the same colors of the different pens for each sample, but I left most of my Copics in Brasil and have a limited amount of colors here.  
The first image I used just copics.  The second I used just the Noir.  And the third, I used a combo of both to see if they worked together.  Well, they do.  
You can use the Noir with Copics.  They blend perfectly with each other.  Neither of them knows that they are each from different tribes!!  
And, after really using them more and more, I have to say that I do not miss the brush tip on the Copics.  The fine tip nib on the Noir work much better for me and I can get into smaller spaces than the brush tip on the Copic.  Again, just my opinion.
Also, remember that Copics came out of nowhere.  All it took was a few stamping bloggers to start to use them and they took off.  Everyone had to have them.  I get the feeling that once people start using these Noir pens, the same is going to happen.

~Michael

Comments

  1. Have you seen any reviews on these? I've been curious about them as well, as I've been waiting for a cheaper version of a copic to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Review posted above and I placed my order from StampingScrapping.com today! Will let you know what I think when I make the first project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele! I just wanted to pop over and say thanks for stopping by my blog last weekend during the blog hop, and thanks for being a follower!! I'm following you too now!

    This post you wrote about the different kinds of markers is great. I'm just starting to learn about coloring images, and the first thing I've learned, is that I have a long way to go!! Thanks for all the info!

    Amy E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Amy! Just learning the coloring techniques too! My last project contains a purple mouse! It is awful but with the inventory I had to choose from....there were no grays! I think I will post it anyway just for giggles! Hopefully my Spectrum markers will arrive today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splitcoaststampers.com has great tutorials on coloring with copic markers and great tips on just about any paper crafting project. I have learned a lot from them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ~ Hope you have a crafty day :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Share Handmade Kindness" ~ Week 2

OWH Red Friday Blog Hop Linky

The Stamps of Life Kit Club Review